ISY suddenly stop working properly, Help

I have a ISY working for 6 months flawless. 50 Insteon devices, thermostat, 30 programs, and everything was working great. A week ago I add a ELK system and I installed the ISY modules, and it has been working very well. Today I noticed one of my program on sunset did not work, and I look at ISY to see what happen, and I could see that ISY was not communicating with a some of my devices, Some of the devices that must be ON after the sunset program ISY had them in on state , but they were not in ON for real!

I disconnected ISY and the PLM a few times, and all the time I got ISY busy for 5 minutes trying to connect with different devices and getting failing communicating devices.

I am also trying to delete some of the devices and linking again, but ISY dont start the linking mode!

Could be the PLM is dying?

Some help will be very appreciate.

Hi Voluntario,

I am so very sorry to hear and yes, it does indeed seem like the PLM is dying.

This said:

1. Do you have any INSTEON thermostats? If so, unplug the dongle from all of them and retry

2. Do you have any baby monitors?

3. Has anything at all changed in your electrical system?

4. Do you have any green 1011 icons next to any of the nodes in the Device Tree?

With kind regards,

Michel

I have one Insteon Thermostat, but is the model that the dongle is inside. I delete it in ISY, still getting the same results.

I dont have baby monitors.

Nothing has change in my electrical system.

I have a 1011 icon in a 2477D device.

When the programs runs, ISY show the devices states changes. But the real devices dont change the states.

Regards

Julio

Hi Julio,

Thank you.

Recommendations:

1. Unplug your thermostat

2. Make sure the 1011 icon is no longer there by either disabling the device (if disconnected) OR right mouse click | Write updates to device

3. If the programs are activating/deactivating scenes, then use Scene Test to see which devices are not responding

With kind regards,

Michel

Not necessarily. Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3. Run a Scene Test and post the event trace. There was an ISY image with a bug that reported all devices as failing a Scene Test even though they worked. It sounds like a PLM failure for the various symptoms reported but the Scene Test failure has to be looked at in detail to know if they are real failures.

Obviously that Scene Test was successful. The PLM has many duplicate link records. It should not cause intermittent issues but could prevent devices from being added successfully if the PLM link database is full.

A Restore Modem (PLM) will compress out the duplicate link records.

A Restore Modem will not fix a PLM that is beginning to fail

The Restore Modem (PLM) was not successful based on the trace posted today. There are multiple ACK responses from the same device scattered throughout the trace. I would run the Restore Modem (PLM) again.

However, I would clear up the Start Linking problem first. Reboot the ISY. Click Start Linking, does the popup display?

If not do not play more games as that just makes things worse. Without the Start Linking popup the Finish button necessary to complete the Start Linking function cannot be invoked. Power cycle the PLM, then Reboot the ISY again. If the Start Linking popup does display, click Finish to complete Start Linking. Then run the Restore Modem (PLM).

Run the same Scene Test that was posted today. You can post the results. What you want to see is a single ACK from each device. The earlier trace showed more than one ACK from several devices. That indicates the PLM sent multiple Off messages to the same device because some of the link records were duplicated.

Archived