After upgrade to ISY994i issues

AlX

Not sure where to post, since I am quite confident it is not purely communication issues.

So story short: I had few interesting setup with ISY99 (like when garage opened light on the driveway will turn on, but only if it's dark outside and after garage closed - will turn off within minute. Garage is created literally as described in how-to - yes, with two KLMs. I had even more interesting setups that involve ISY and darkness that stopped working as well, but that is for another time).

ISY would switch on driveway once garage scene is on. Once it is off - will wait for one minute and turn driveway light off. All was fine with ISY99, but once I upgraded to ISY994 - things went south - nothing is working anymore. I remembered that I've read somewhere that sometimes you need to delete and re-add devices after such upgrade. Well did just that with no results. Finally changed program that it will react on garage sensor changing it's status and voila - it works!

So question is - yes, this one is sort of resolved (with crutches I'd say), but I have more complicated setup in bathroom that also stopped working after upgrade, can someone shed light what is happening?

Alex

Hi Alex,

I suspect you have lost all your links in the PLM.

Please go to Tools | Diagnostics | Show PLM Links Table, click on the Start button, wait for the process to complete and then click on the Count button. How many links do you have? If it's too low (in 10s), then you might want to try File | Restore Modem (PLM). If that fixes the problem, then I strongly recommend getting a new PLM because there's no reason for the PLM to lose links.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel. Not sure if that helped. As I mentioned I already did workaround and as per bathroom - it could be defective switch. But number of links was 31 before modem restore and now is 102.

BTW - here is the question - my bathroom setup was adjusting scene 3 times a day - will that wear out flash memory in the devices?

• 1 month later...

If I may ask, why do you upgrade to ISY994i? I am thinking about it too. Is the GUI Administrator Tool is better?

Any reason and what you do with the old ISY99i?

Please ellobrate as I am thinking about getting this upgrade too..

Archived