Motion sensor or occupancy sensors

danncas

I have looked all over and read and read. So now I'm just asking

I have three motion sensors, one the side one on the front, and one on the side of home. The problem I'm having is that when the lights go off and you walk back in the area they dont come back on.

What I want is to have them come on when motion is detected and stay on for six minutes. If montion is still detected stay on, if no motion is detected wait 6 minutes and go out. But if motion is detect before the six minute start the count all over. Also if the switch to the light is turned on manualy dont do any thing other then turn on the lights, and when the switch is off then resume motion sensing.

My motion sensor are set ON all the time and send on OFF

anyone have a good program that work that I can use.

THANKS

This, in my mind, is the most common use of motion sensors. Yes, there are good programs available, but will require adaptation for your own types and numbers of devices. Are you familiar with the udi wiki? There is a good discussion about motion sensors used in a bathroom. The basic concepts are the same and pretty well explained there:

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... _Bathrooms

The way I do this is to use several programs. The first one is simply to keep track of manual control of lights.

If

Control light switch is turned on

And control light switch is not turned off

The

Set variable (integer type) = 1

Else

Set variable = 0

I then use these variables to decide whether i want to enable the motion program

If variable = 0 (lights have not been manually turned on)

And

(

control MS1 is set on

Or control MS2 is set on

Or control..... (Add as many motion sensors as you wish)

)

Then

Set lights on

Wait x minutes

Set lights off

Another key is supplementing this with the right scenes. First, the motion sensor should NOT be controller of any scene. The light switch controlling your outside lights SHOULD be in a scene with the lights if there are multilple devices powering your outside lights. For the variable, make sure you define it as an integer.

Understand that there are settings on the motion sensor that can affect performance of this setup.

Hopefully, you recognize that my syntax is only vaguely accurate, and can see the ideas behind it and adapt for your actual devices.

I have looked all over and read and read. So now I'm just asking

I have three motion sensors, one the side one on the front, and one on the side of home. The problem I'm having is that when the lights go off and you walk back in the area they dont come back on.

What I want is to have them come on when motion is detected and stay on for six minutes. If montion is still detected stay on, if no motion is detected wait 6 minutes and go out. But if motion is detect before the six minute start the count all over. Also if the switch to the light is turned on manualy dont do any thing other then turn on the lights, and when the switch is off then resume motion sensing.

My motion sensor are set ON all the time and send on OFF

anyone have a good program that work that I can use.

THANKS

Have a look at this thread.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13564

Archived