Remote Console access through Mobilinc

dwbourn

Hi,

I have Mobilinc and used the remote access instructions to try and remote into my ISY 994i. It will not take my userid and password. When I am at home I use the local address to remote in and it works fine with the same userid and password. I enabled remote access in the admin console and still can't get in using the mobilinc address that is given. Can someone point me in the rigth direction?

Thanks!

--David

Do I have to do it if I subscribe through Mobilinc? I thought that was the advantage of Mobilinc. I can do that if needed. Why would the console run and then not accept the userid and pw? Maybe it isn't reaching the ISY?

Did you purchase and install the 'MobiLinc Connect' module on the ISY? This is needed to have the ISY connect out to their portal. If I remember right, its $1.

Once that is done, you create an account there (at their portal), and provide them the ID of your ISY (to associate your portal account with your ISY).

Then, in the app, you use the portal credential (not the ISY credential) to access your ISY, selecting 'MobiLinc Connect' as the device.

Hi David,

It would be best to contact us at support@mobilinc.com and provide us with your ISY's UUID or your MobiLinc Connect email address. We can look up your account and give you specific instructions as to what to do to get Admin Console access working through our service.

In normal scenarios, if you have a paid MobiLinc Connect account with us, you would use the link provided to you in the MobiLinc app to connect to your ISY through the Admin Console from a PC/MAC. When prompted with a username/password, you would use your MobiLinc Connect email address and your MobiLinc Connect password.

Wes

Dennis, MWareman and Wes

Thanks for your response! I have bought the module and do pay the annual subscription fee for MobiLinc Connect. The link I used was generated from the admin console instructions in the Mobilinc app. I think the issue is I was trying to use my local UserID and PW and not my MobiLinc one. I will try the MobiLinc one and email support if the issue continues. Thanks again!

Regards,

--David

Archived