Cannot get Smoke Bridge to send commands to ISY

RussD

Hi, I am having problems getting an Insteon Smoke Bridge (2982-222) to send commands to my ISY994i. The device appears to be paired with my Smoke Alarms, and linking isy to the smoke bridge went without issue, however when I test a smoke detector I do not receive any commands.

I tried a factory reset on the smoke bridge and reset up as follows:

1) Paired the smoke bridge to a smoke detector. Pressing test after pairing shows activity on the smoke bridge red status light

2) Linked the smoke bridge to the isy994i. Linking appeared to work without issue with 7 nodes created (CO/Clear/Low-Bat/Malfunction/Smoke/Test/Unknown).

Pressing Test on one of the smoke detectors results in the Red activity light flashing on smoke bridge but no command is received by the isy994i. I also tried showing all communication events in diagnostics but no activity was observed.

I tried a second reset and paired the smoke bridge to another smoke detector. I also tried manually adding the smoke bridge using it's address instead of adding by putting the isy in linking mode. All 7 nodes appeared but still no communication was observed.

I am using an ISY994i/IRPRO running 4.2.8 firmware. The smoke bridge shows R3.2 0513 on the back.

Thanks for your help.

Russ

A couple things I did different from your install was that I performed a factory reset of the smoke bridge even before it was ever linked.

I find this step very important to ensure no ghosts are in the machine. Next I add the device to the ISY Series Controller.

I then link the smoke bridge to the one link device. Last, test using the unit and observe email and state change in the ISY UI.

For the sake of asking you do have both sides of the electrical feed coupled and bridged right? Confirmed via the 4 tap method and using the install manual for those devices?

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

Archived