ISY994i Not show up on my network anymore

Guest don4628

Guest don4628

I recently went thru an online help session with a UD tech.   He was very helpful and address the issues I was having with a connected device.    He also upgraded my firmware during that session.    I need to make some adjustments, but now the ISY is no longer showing up in my Network window on any of my computers.  It's also starting to act unstable, not always running programs or responding to remotes.   I've tried resetting the ISY by disconnecting all power/cables, waiting, and restarting it.   Still no success.   I don't have a current backup of the programming, so I really don't want to do a hard reset on it.   I know the ISY's IP address, but it isn't responding by addressing it directly - the browser window comes up blue with tabs, but that's it.     HELP!?

I would think if UDI helped you update your firmware you would have a backup??

Have you locked the IP address down in your router in the DHCP assignment table?

Program oscillation can do things like this by tying up the CPU with self-oscillatng loops.

If

something is on

then

turn it off

else

turn it on

It's likely that the IP address has changed if you did not set a static address. Enter the router's menu and view attached devices. Can you find the ISY?

I know the ISY's IP address, but it isn't responding by addressing it directly - the browser window comes up blue with tabs, but that's it.     HELP!?

You probably have to clear your Java cache due to the new version noncompatibility with the older interface.

It seems we have all misjudged your problem. You seem to have the correct IP address but the GUI is not completely loading.

Hello don4628,

I am so very sorry to hear. Due to security concerns, we disabled UPnP by default. If you would like ISY to show up in your Network window, then you need to go to Admin Console | Configuration | System | Network and check UPnP.

Or, you can simply use:

http://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/admin.jnlp

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived