Controllers (Keypad and Switch) losing contact with Receiver (Switch)

rgn2000

oberkc reflects what I was suggesting.

With your followup question as to which switch to disconnect, there is SwitchLinc1, SwitchLinc2 and a KPL button. Which devices are physically controlling a load (Red wire not capped)?

Only the SwitchLink1 has the load. But if I remove it, I won't be able to turn them on, so what does that do?

Only the SwitchLink1 has the load. But if I remove it, I won't be able to turn them on, so what does that do?

This is only temporary...a troubleshooting technique...to confirm or eliminate the possibility that the load is causing the problem.  If you remove the load, and the scene tests now pass and the switches stay synced up, then this is a good indication that the neon lights were causing the problem and a filter is needed.

The Scene Test problem may be related to an old problem with 3.3.10. It marked as failed even devices that worked.

After the load is disconnected a positive result will be the devices staying in sync, all showing the correct On or Off status. The devices should cycle On and Off without any load connected.

Now I am even more lost. I am trying to do the 4 tap test and nothing seems to do anything. Apparently my SwitchLink's aren't dual band? I thought they were all dual band. I tap 4 times fast at any one of them an nothing. What about Lamplink's? Aren't they dual band? So I am at a loss, and it looks like only my PLM is a dual band. I always thought that if the phases weren't bridged, the ISY wouldn't be able to see devices that are on the opposite phase that the PLM is on.

It's been a while since I first set things up and I moved a lot slower than I wanted.

Once you have two correctly located dual-band devices it doesn't matter where additional are installed. But, it's a good idea to ensure that the 4-tap test succeeds in both directions.

I stand corrected. It's not working. If I restore the device, everything seems okay with a 35% dim rate and 0.5 ramp rate. Then when I make it all the way bright, it loses the original program to only turn is on at 35%. Also, when I restore the device, it stops at like 25% and that's it.

Insteon has unique Responder On Level and Ramp Rate values for each Controller

PLM is Controller when the Scene name is used.

Each Red node below Scene name is a Controller

All of these Controllers have unique and independent On Level and Ramp Rate values for the Responders. 

Also take a look at page 10 of the User Guide.  The SwitchLinc Local On Level has two modes of operation when the local paddle is used.  One mode goes to the defined Local On Level when going from Off to On, the other mode goes to the last On Level before turning the SwitchLinc Off (known as Resume Bright).  The User Guide describes how to establish either mode.

Need some information about whether the results posted are when the paddle is used or when responding to a Controller and if so which Controller.

I don't understand. Which user guide are you referring to? In this guide - http://www.universal-devices.com/docs/isy99_userguide.pdfIt says

"To adjust settings on a device, simply click to select a device. Available settings will be 

displayed on the right-hand pane."  This is on page 19.

Shouldn't I just be able to click on the device and set the levels and that's it? That is what I thought I did in the past. For some reason it's not taking or it doesn't stay. I want it to always go to 35% when first turning on the device from the off position.

I found what you're talking about, but it still doesn't work. It says......

To set local on level to a fixed brightness level
1) Adjust SwitchLinc to desired brightness when controlled locally
2) Tap Set button
SwitchLinc will beep
3) Test by turning SwitchLinc off and then back on (via the paddle)
SwitchLinc will turn on to new local on-level

Problem is that in Step 2, if I Tap it, I get no sound. I have to hold it for 2 seconds of so and I do get a beep, but it doesn't remove the "resume bright" feature. If I turn off the light and turn it back on it does go to the setting I had, but as soon as I go to 100% brightness and turn it off, it goes right back to 100% again. It's still resuming brightness to last used level.

It's Rev 7.5 with a production of 2114

What's also interesting is that it turns out I do in face have 2 dual band dimmers (2477D). I didn't think I did when the 4 tap test did nothing on two SwitchLinks that I thought were. I just didn't open to see the model since I assumed they weren't. But I noticed in my console that that they were. So I went back to those units and did 4 taps, but nothing happens. I hear the tone right away for each tap, just like the user manual suggests for the instructions for removing "fixed brightness," but nothing else happens.

So now I have two issues. I can't seem to get rid of "fixed brightness" on the newly installed SwitchLink and I can't initiate a 4 tap test at all.

The 4 tap test will not be reflected in a device that is not receiving the test RF message. Are the two devices at some distance to each other and/or mounted in a metal box?

Try the sitting up the SwitchLinc again. Hard to understand why that feature cannot be set. Are you trying to set "resume brightness" or set "fixed brightness". I though you wanted "fixed brightness" but the last post indicates can't get rid of "fixed brightness".

Sorry meant get rid of "resume brightness." Too many things going on in my head.

Let's add another issue

Just added another 2477D and it's the same REV 7.5, This one beeps right away when I tap it. And, here's the kicker.....the administrative console doesn't find it.

So now 3 problems -

1) Can't get rid of "resume brightness" on one switch link and you have to hold the button for it to beep (Rev 7.5)

2) Installed a new SwitchLink 2477D and the administrative console can't find it. (Rev 7.5)

3) Still have no idea if the phases are merged.

Archived