Notifications no longer working

Kush

I have a leak sensor, smoke bridge and a few other Insteon devices that send both SMS and email notifications from my ISY994i. All were tested occasionally and have been working for quite some time now. I haven't made any changes recently to the ISY except to upgrade the firmware to 4.2.18. Today, after adding a new notification and sending a test, I noticed none of my notifications seem to work. I am now getting the error message I attached. I've had Yahoo Mail SMTP set up all along so there were no changes there. I do see in the error message the TCP is Mobilinc connect. I have never used Mobilinc connect. I did purchase the module back in December 2013 and planned to use it, but never did. I have tried changing to another SMTP account and even tried to use the Default and nothing seems to work.

Any help on this would greatly be appreciated.

post-5806-0-85874700-1418620243_thumb.jpg

Michel,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I am happy to report that all is well. The first thing I tried was to change the DNS as you said, and all started working again. I don't fully understand why changing the DNS would have anything to do with it, so if there is a "quick" explanation, I would appreciate it. I have used Comcast's 75.75.75.75 since setting up the ISY, so I'm not sure what would have caused it to suddenly stop working.

Thank You

Kush

LeeG

LOL, thanks LeeG. I guess I couldn't ask for a quicker explanation then that! Who would have thought at the exact moment I decided to create and test a new notification that the Comcast DNS would go offline. I guess if I would have tried again at later time I would have found out.

Thank You

Kush

Archived