Any way to delete all links in a device?

jhimmel

When a new device is added to the ISY, it asks if you want to remove all of the links, or save them and attempt to create Scenes.

If you chose to save the links, and things don't seem right afterwords, is there any way to tell the ISY to remove all existing links in a device without having to delete and re-add the device?

I understand how to remove links by remove devices from scenes, but I want to know if there is a way to clean a device of all links in its memory, just like the option that seems to be available when a device is first added.

Jim H.

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, the only way to do it is:

a. To remove the device from ISY

b. Factory reset the device (physically)

With kind regards,

Michel

When a new device is added to the ISY, it asks if you want to remove all of the links, or save them and attempt to create Scenes.

If you chose to save the links, and things don't seem right afterwords, is there any way to tell the ISY to remove all existing links in a device without having to delete and re-add the device?

I understand how to remove links by remove devices from scenes, but I want to know if there is a way to clean a device of all links in its memory, just like the option that seems to be available when a device is first added.

Jim H.

Michel.

A related question. I had to swap out a bad switchLinc with a new device. On the old device I had a specific Ramp rate and 50% "ON" level.

Within the ISY console I did a swap, then a restore of the new device (to presumably update to the old device state). I can not seem to restore the old Ramp Rates & On Level on the new device. I did a factory reset of the new device and tried several times. Is this possible with the ISY? If not what are the options - do I need to go to HouseLinc?

As a follow-on to Jim's question: When I have added this new device (new from Factory) I assume there were no links on the device. But should I have deleted all previous links saved within the ISY and started over again? I am a little unclear as to when you apply your recommendation.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Are you specifically referring to local on level/ramp rate or those for a scene? If local, then the easiest way is to manually set them (we have an intermittent bug which we have not found yet). If you are talking about the scene on level/ramp rates, then there's surely something very wrong.

You do not have to do factory reset on new devices. You do factory reset if and only if you think your device is not behaving as it should based on your scenes. Of course, we've had situations where brand new devices have had X10 addresses stored in them but the likelihood is low.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel.

A related question. I had to swap out a bad switchLinc with a new device. On the old device I had a specific Ramp rate and 50% "ON" level.

Within the ISY console I did a swap, then a restore of the new device (to presumably update to the old device state). I can not seem to restore the old Ramp Rates & On Level on the new device. I did a factory reset of the new device and tried several times. Is this possible with the ISY? If not what are the options - do I need to go to HouseLinc?

As a follow-on to Jim's question: When I have added this new device (new from Factory) I assume there were no links on the device. But should I have deleted all previous links saved within the ISY and started over again? I am a little unclear as to when you apply your recommendation.

Thanks,

Bob

Michel.

Thanks,

Bob

After the ISY sets the local rate/level the SwitchLinc must be reset. Pull the set button at the bottom of the switch for a few seconds.

Rand

Thanks to both of you for the quick responses.

Michel, I was referring to local Ramp/On-Level setup, not a scene setup.

Rand, I'll have to try your suggestion next time. I ended up setting up the Ramp/On-Level at the Switchlinc as Michel had suggested.

Thanks,

Bob

Archived