It's Blue! It's Bright!

Nestor

It's the "power" LED! :shock:

Is there a way to tone down the brightness on this LED that's more elegant, than say, a piece of electrical tape?

Thanks!

No, black electrical tape is quick, simple, cheap.

There are however covers that reduce the glare search for the topic. It was really a nice idea but it costs more than a piece of black electrical tape.

No, black electrical tape is quick, simple, cheap.

There are however covers that reduce the glare search for the topic. It was really a nice idea but it costs more than a piece of black electrical tape.

Thanks. Thought I'd put it out there in case there was a software parameter of which I was unaware.

I may get courageous one day and solder in a small pot as a rheostat. I'll be sure to post it here.

Thanks. Thought I'd put it out there in case there was a software parameter of which I was unaware.

I may get courageous one day and solder in a small pot as a rheostat. I'll be sure to post it here.

I would put your idea in the requested features for the next hardware revision. 

:/   Yep, I bought the IR-equipped ISY -- but because of that LASER-BEAM power led, it's never going to make it into the entertainment cabinet (where the IR port might actually be useful)...

I suppose if i was careful enough with paint, I could dim it down without making it look like a hack-job... or perhaps, I can open the unit up and replace that LED -- has anyone tried doing that?

I have no problem with the activity lights, only the constant glare of the On LED. Blacking out the light doesn't work for me because I do want some light. Light Dims worked for me. Because the lens of the LED protrudes, the second smallest dot worked best.

I don't use Light-Dims on my ISY because it's tucked away. However, I use them on my HTPC and a couple of other items that face my way. They seem a little silly, but they work. They are also good for adjusting the "backlight level" of different components that are next to each other. Highly recommended.

Archived