Restoring PLM with multiple battery-powered devices

swbrains

I saw that option earlier and clicked it but when I read the warning popup that said it was only to be used if you're never going to remove the ISY permanently from the network, I decided NOT to do that, even though I was running out of ideas.  I know for sure I never executed it.

I saw that option earlier and clicked it but when I read the warning popup that said it was only to be used if you're never going to remove the ISY permanently from the network, I decided NOT to do that, even though I was running out of ideas.  I know for sure I never executed it.

Not sure how else one could end up in that situation but, as long as you have a good backup of the ISY, recovery shouldn't be difficult.

-Xathros

LeeG, 

On my first go around this afternoon after receiving the new PLM, I actually printed out the Wiki page and followed those steps exactly (see my post from 11:47 AM earlier in this thread).  I'm pretty sure I followed the steps correctly.  I'm starting to think there was a problem with the ISY info since the backup restoration on the ISY config allowed the same restore process to work properly the first time.  Seems strange that the PLM hardware failed at the same time the ISY data may have been corrupted.  In any event, I do think the ISY config restore seems to have been the missing piece in my particular case.

Xathros, 

I'm glad I had that backup.  I've actually been in the habit of doing backups on the device any time I make a significant change, so this one was only a month or two old.  It shouldn't need much tweaking now.

I make a new backup after any significant change and with every firmware update.  I have never needed to restore for reasons other than going back to an older firmware to test something.  Regardless, I'd not want to be without a current backup.

-Xathros

Archived