when was the last firmware update and when is the next?

Blackbird

Just wondering when the next ISY update will be and what will be added or fixed? Also when was the last firmware?

All Beta updates are posted in this forum: http://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/15-current-release-betas-and-bug-reports/The latest release is 4.2.27 RC4: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/15552-release-4227-rc4-is-now-avaialble/

Each release indicates what has been fixed, resolved, and upgraded.

4.2.18 was the last official release according to the forum. I think that zwave certification is throwing a delay in there, as the specific build must be certified I believe. That why (I think) we have RC builds newer than an 'official' release with the same major and minor version.

I suspect that some point soon we will see another 'official' 4.2.x release and then.... just maybe.... a 5.x beta some time afterwards. After all, where would we be without a beta to test?

It will prompt you automatically when a new Official Release is available.  Beyond that, not automated and no notifications for beta versions of which there are many between official releases.  I have  probably run nearly 50 beta ISY versions and never had a problem that made me roll back.

-Xathros

It will prompt you automatically when a new Official Release is available.  Beyond that, not automated and no notifications for beta versions of which there are many between official releases.  I have  probably run nearly 50 beta ISY versions and never had a problem that made me roll back.

-Xathros

My ISY says it is not connected to the internet.  Does it need to be?

My ISY says it is not connected to the internet.  Does it need to be?

Do you mean it says Internet Access Disabled?  If so, that simply means that it is not using UPnP to automatically configure your router and share itself on the Internet for remote control of your system via apps like Mobilinc or remote admin sessions when your away from your home network.  It does not mean that the ISY does not have access to the Internet.  If you go to the system configuration page in the admin console and try to sync the clock, that will tell you if your online or not.

-Xathros

My ISY says it is not connected to the internet. Does it need to be?

Your ISY more than likely has upnp checked thus this message is present. If you're not connected to the Internet how do you suppose you're going to download the firmware file?

Magic?

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

Do you mean it says Internet Access Disabled?  If so, that simply means that it is not using UPnP to automatically configure your router and share itself on the Internet for remote control of your system via apps like Mobilinc or remote admin sessions when your away from your home network.  It does not mean that the ISY does not have access to the Internet.  If you go to the system configuration page in the admin console and try to sync the clock, that will tell you if your online or not.

-Xathros

Yes in help and about it says Internet Access Disabled.

Ok thanks

Your ISY more than likely has upnp checked thus this message is present. If you're not connected to the Internet how do you suppose you're going to download the firmware file?

Magic?

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

Well I have never updated the firmware so I wouldn't know.  I knew there was some internet connection because I receive email notifications but wasn't sure why it said no internet access.  That's why I asked

Yes in help and about it says Internet Access Disabled.

Ok thanks

Thats fine for now.  Even if you do decide to enable remote access to your ISY, you may want to manually configure your router for that and in that case, the ISY will always report Internet access disabled in there.

-Xathros

• 2 weeks later...

Hi GGITech,

Yes definitely but I just cannot give you an ETA. It will based on a different chipset so, in all likelihood, will require a different module.

With kind regards,

Michel

Awesome, please make it as easy an upgrade as possible (I mean transferring the z-wave config over - the physical install is what it is :-) )

Archived