Save switch condition.

Melor

I would like to be able to save the brightnes/status of a light and then return that light to the status.

For example. Your porch light is set to a certain level of brightness. Your motion detector senses someone walking in front of the house. The brightness goes to 100% then returns to the certain level of brightness after a given period of time.

If this is already possible, please tell me how!

Paul

Hi Paul,

Not possible now but very interesting. I will add it to our list of requirements to work on (low priority).

With kind regards,

Michel

I would like to be able to save the brightnes/status of a light and then return that light to the status.

For example. Your porch light is set to a certain level of brightness. Your motion detector senses someone walking in front of the house. The brightness goes to 100% then returns to the certain level of brightness after a given period of time.

If this is already possible, please tell me how!

Paul

I'd lack to add that this is exactly what I'm looking for as well (similar purpose, if the outside lights are put to faston I'd like to save all of their current state, change state, wait, and then reset them).

I'd love to have two implimentations, one where control updates would modify the saved state and a second where they would not. For example, I'd love to code something like:

push Outside Coach Lights

Outside Coach Lights ON

Wait 30

pop Outside Coach Lights

Now if my lights are set to be on from sunset to 10pm I'd like the 10pm timer to update the 'pushed' state so when it's popped the state would be correct (e.g. even tho it was saved as on, it updated to off and that applied whenthe state was popped).

The second implimentation would be more:

save Outside Coach Lights

Outside Coach Lights ON

Wait 30

pop Outside Coach Lights

In this case updates that occur would go to the real device (ideally pulling it out of the list of items to pop later).

Ive been looking for this in most automation packages, its something I've missed since moving off of Misterhouse (I was a heavy contribitor to the project for awhile)

Bill

Hi Bill,

This is an excellent idea and it has already been added to our list of requirements.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

I'd lack to add that this is exactly what I'm looking for as well (similar purpose, if the outside lights are put to faston I'd like to save all of their current state, change state, wait, and then reset them).

I'd love to have two implimentations, one where control updates would modify the saved state and a second where they would not. For example, I'd love to code something like:

push Outside Coach Lights

Outside Coach Lights ON

Wait 30

pop Outside Coach Lights

Now if my lights are set to be on from sunset to 10pm I'd like the 10pm timer to update the 'pushed' state so when it's popped the state would be correct (e.g. even tho it was saved as on, it updated to off and that applied whenthe state was popped).

The second implimentation would be more:

save Outside Coach Lights

Outside Coach Lights ON

Wait 30

pop Outside Coach Lights

In this case updates that occur would go to the real device (ideally pulling it out of the list of items to pop later).

Ive been looking for this in most automation packages, its something I've missed since moving off of Misterhouse (I was a heavy contribitor to the project for awhile)

Bill

Hi Paul,

Not possible now but very interesting. I will add it to our list of requirements to work on (low priority).

With kind regards,

Michel

My guess is that it will become a higher priority when the motion detectors start shipping in greater quantity.

Paul

Hi again Paul!

Yes, perhaps, but I am not very enthusiastic about this feature. I think my apprehension has got to do with having to send "n" number of direct commands to devices in a scene to go back to their previous state. So, in large scenes, this is going to cause major INSTEON traffic.

I prefer it more if you had a pre-trigger scene, post-trigger scene and then would activate each scene accordingly. Of course, this is not going to be 100% recall of the state but I think it should be close enough.

In any case, this is listed as a requirement.

With kind regards,

Hi Paul,

With kind regards,

Michel

My guess is that it will become a higher priority when the motion detectors start shipping in greater quantity.

Paul

Archived