Issues using Mac OSX Yosemite

kaphely

Not directly related to the above but figured I'd thread jack as title of a new thread would be almost identical.

I'm running java 8 update 45 on Yosemite, I've noticed an issue with the UI hanging when trying to use a slider (such as on level or ramp rate for a scene).  The little ball will slide initially but then the UI will lock up and I get the spinning beach ball.  Menu doesn't respond, only thing you can do is force quit the process.  Interestingly enough if you click quickly you can get it highlighted and then adjust with the keyboard arrows no problem at all, so seems to be directly related to mouse control only.

Currently seeing it on 5.0 alpha but noticed the same behavior with at least the last 4 branch update or two.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I can occasionally get one or two slides in without issue, but can reproduce the issue in a matter of seconds every time by just going to any scene and sliding a ramp rate back and forth with the mouse.

Should be pretty easy for someone else with a similar config to see if it's just me or a broader issue.

I can occasionally get one or two slides in without issue, but can reproduce the issue in a matter of seconds every time by just going to any scene and sliding a ramp rate back and forth with the mouse.

Should be pretty easy for someone else with a similar config to see if it's just me or a broader issue.

I'm on Yosemite with Java 1.8.31 and cannot reproduce here with 5.0 or 4.3.1

Just checked and Oracle may have pulled update 45 as my Java control panel says I'm all up to date and last check was this morning.  I was ignoring the update 45 update when it released as others were reporting issues.  Guess I waited long enough that it's no longer available in the auto update channel.  I see it is still the version you get if you go to the java.com site however.  I'm gonna hold off on update 45 until a few others can confirm its OK.

-Xathros

Hi apnar,

Thank you. Just like Xathros, I cannot reproduce it either. Perhaps you have an old .jar file somewhere. You might want to go to Java Preferences, click on the View button, choose Resources, and then delete them all. Once that's done, go back to the Admin Console URL.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived