Introducing ISYPortal

Michel Kohanim

@Xathros,

Have you been able to configure Mobilinc to connect to ISYPortal? I've tried the 'Admin Console URL' (with and without the /desc) as well as the 'URL to ISY' (which I realize is the same as the admin console URL but without the /desc and also not encoded). None have worked so far.  PErhaps I'm missing something - or perhaps I'm trying something that wasn't intended.

Due to SSL on the portal being *much* faster than directly to ISY - I'm wanting to try using this against Mobilinc (which has fallen into disuse for me due mainly to the SSL performance issue).

Thanks!

Michael.

I haven't tested but assumed it would work.  I will give it a try and see what I get.

-Xathros

EDIT:  It seems to connect ok but then crashes Mobilinc on the iPhone when "Parsing Devices and Scenes".  Also, you need to use the portal credentials rather than the ISY's credentials in the ML settings.

I haven't tested but assumed it would work.  I will give it a try and see what I get.

-Xathros

EDIT:  It seems to connect ok but then crashes Mobilinc on the iPhone when "Parsing Devices and Scenes".  Also, you need to use the portal credentials rather than the ISY's credentials in the ML settings.

Hello Xathros,

I don't use Mobilinc so I cant' test it myself.

If you can provide a date and time, I can investigate the portal logs.

Thanks,

Benoit.

I haven't tested but assumed it would work. I will give it a try and see what I get.

-Xathros

EDIT: It seems to connect ok but then crashes Mobilinc on the iPhone when "Parsing Devices and Scenes". Also, you need to use the portal credentials rather than the ISY's credentials in the ML settings.

Which URL did you use in Mobilinc?

Hello Xathros,

I don't use Mobilinc so I cant' test it myself.

If you can provide a date and time, I can investigate the portal logs.

Thanks,

Benoit.

Roughly 11:20 EST today. Should see several attempts.

-Xathros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the unencoded url.

-Xathros

Awesome - thanks! I had an extra HTTPS:// in there. Thanks for confirming which one was correct.

Got it to sync successfully, and I'm able to control everything. I'm an Android (6.0).

Confirmed my suspicion that though - Mobilinc is still taking an age to sync on startup. Given it takes a long time locally over http it really does point to an application issue rather than a crypto delay caused by the low powered ISY as generally identified over on the Mobilinc forums.

@MWareman, cool, so it works through portal then!

@Xathros, I looked around in the logs around 11:20 EST and could not find anything unusual.

As far as I could tell, it connected fine but failed during sync. Much more likely an issue with Mobilinc and my extensive USY configuration.

-Xathros

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MWareman,This is absolutely not expected. Please do be kind enough to send me your UUID so that I can take a look.With kind regards,Michel

Michel,

I just purchased the ISY portal a few minutes ago and this exact thing happened to me as well. Upon rebooting my ISY, the MobiLinc portal is now gone. I'm not currently using MobiLinc Connect though I still use MobiLinc via direct IP. Should I send you my UUID as well? Also, where are the directions to configure the portal?

Thanks,

Chuck

I used the unencoded url.

-Xathros

Xathros,

I would also like to use the ISY portal login with MobiLinc as I've been having connection issues with SSL in the newest version of MobiLinc but can't figure it out. Would you be so kind as to provide the connection settings for MobiLinc in conjunction with the ISY portal?

Thanks so much!

Chuck

To use Mobilinc with ISY Portal....

Logon to ISY Portal and get the Admin Console URL (the one with /desc at the end).

Use device type ISY - not Mobilinc connect.

In Mobilinc, blank out the HTTP URL. You won't use it.

Place the Admin Console URL in the HTTPS box (you'll need to remove https:// at the beginning of the url - its implied in the box). For connection type, select 'HTTPS' (not auto). Set you username and password to the portal username and password. Sync. Enjoy.

If you want to use direct http on the LAN, you'll need to use a different connection profile rather than add the HTTP settings. The credentials will be different!

Michael.

To use Mobilinc with ISY Portal....

Logon to ISY Portal and get the Admin Console URL (the one with /desc at the end).

Use device type ISY - not Mobilinc connect.

In Mobilinc, blank out the HTTP URL. You won't use it.

Place the Admin Console URL in the HTTPS box (you'll need to remove https:// at the beginning of the url - its implied in the box). For connection type, select 'HTTPS' (not auto). Set you username and password to the portal username and password. Sync. Enjoy.

If you want to use direct http on the LAN, you'll need to use a different connection profile rather than add the HTTP settings. The credentials will be different!

Michael.

Thanks Michael,

I was able to get MobiLinc to connect using the ISY portal, unfortunately it gets stuck updating at "Parsing Address: 22253 Details". Any idea why it's hanging up?

Thanks again,

Chuck

Thanks Michael,

I was able to get MobiLinc to connect using the ISY portal, unfortunately it gets stuck updating at "Parsing Address: 22253 Details". Any idea why it's hanging up?

Thanks again,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I don't have an answer for you but I can sympathize. Mine crashes during the "Parsing Address ..." phase rather than hanging.  I have gone back to regular HTTPS and HTTP for remote/local operation as I use mine both in and out of the house regularly and switching profiles would be too much of a hassle.

-Xathros

Hi Chuck,

I don't have an answer for you but I can sympathize. Mine crashes during the "Parsing Address ..." phase rather than hanging.  I have gone back to regular HTTPS and HTTP for remote/local operation as I use mine both in and out of the house regularly and switching profiles would be too much of a hassle.

-Xathros

Strange, I would think that once it makes a connection it should work as normal. Maybe this would be a good question to ask Wes. The only reason I would like to get this working is because I'm having connection issues with MobiLinc since v4.5 and sometimes my geofence doesn't trigger correctly. Also, I don't know why you would have to create a local and away profile, as I would think this would work both in and outside of your LAN.

Chuck

Also, I don't know why you would have to create a local and away profile, as I would think this would work both in and outside of your LAN.

Chuck

Because the credentials are different when using the portal and Mobilinc only allows one set of credentials per profile.

-Xathros

Because the credentials are different when using the portal and Mobilinc only allows one set of credentials per profile.

-Xathros

I understand that, however I don't understand the need to have a local connection profile as well as a remote connection profile. In other words, why not use only the SSL connection scheme both locally and remotely?

I understand that, however I don't understand the need to have a local connection profile as well as a remote connection profile. In other words, why not use only the SSL connection scheme both locally and remotely?

In my case, because the HTTPS connection is quite noticeably slower and with a complex Mobilinc profile it becomes to slow for regular use around the house.  When away, having to wait 10-15 seconds to check the status once in a while is fine.

-Xathros

In my case, because the HTTPS connection is quite noticeably slower and with a complex Mobilinc profile it becomes to slow for regular use around the house.  When away, having to wait 10-15 seconds to check the status once in a while is fine.

-Xathros

Gottcha. I guess there's no perfect solution. MobiLinc connect is very fast and reliable, unfortunately it can't be used alongside the ISY portal. Maybe that will change in the future...

Mobilinc Connect is just another connection profile. It can sit with profiles for ISYPortal and direct to ISY as well... At least on Android it can..

I believe you're talking about profiles within the MobiLinc app itself. I was referring to the ISY, as the MobiLinc Connect portal and ISY portal cannot coexist. It's currently a one or the other proposition...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soo, I don't know if this was already there, or if I just noticed it, but the ISY Skill seems to now be available in the Skill Store for Echo. I'm so excited!! How do we get in?

What's the ETA on opening up the Portal to everyone? We should have a central topic that we can refer back to for the most updated info.

Good work guys!

Elam

Archived