Motion Detector not receiving ACK

garybixler

I just got my Insteon motion detector and it installed fine. But after an ON is sent upon motion detection the dectector complains that it did not receive an acknowledgement by flashing the led rapidly. I assume an ACK would come from the isy 99. Even if I add it to a scene with a (2456D3) it still flashes indicating no ACK. The scene works fine. The light is turned on with motion and then turns off after no motion is detected. Don't know if this is normal operation or not.

Thanks in advance.

Gary Bixler

Hello Mr. Bixler,

This is certainly not normal. The ACKS should come directly from the devices the motion sensor is linked to (not from ISY). This said, however, since we cannot yet write any links into these devices, I cannot fathom why you would get the blinking light.

Have you tried moving the Access Point?

With kind regards,

Michel

I just got my Insteon motion detector and it installed fine. But after an ON is sent upon motion detection the dectector complains that it did not receive an acknowledgement by flashing the led rapidly. I assume an ACK would come from the isy 99. Even if I add it to a scene with a (2456D3) it still flashes indicating no ACK. The scene works fine. The light is turned on with motion and then turns off after no motion is detected. Don't know if this is normal operation or not.

Thanks in advance.

Gary Bixler

Michael

You were right the 2 motion sensors I just received had some residual links remaining. Upon reinstalling after removing from ISY and doing a factory reset they now function perfectly. I would guess that these two may have been returns and not fresh from the factory, but no mater they work.

Again thanks for you help and I look forward to all the new features of the upcomming releases.

Gary :D

Hey Gary -

Smarthome has had issues in the past with devices coming from the factory with links leftover from testing. Because of this I ALWAYS factory reset new devices before installation.

I would like to hope that you weren't sent used units, and given how new the Motion Sensor is I think it's more than likely leftover links from testing.

Glad to hear you're all set!

You should be able to factory reset and use the ISY to Restore the device as long as you did not use the 'Add devices found in links' option when you linked it to the ISY.

Then you would not have to recreate your scenes and without a need to reprogram devices already linked to it.

Rand

Archived