Fade Up to particular brightness level via Program?

telljcl

Have several programs that fade down (fade down to 0%)  instead of turning off, but was wondering if there is any way, using a program, to fade up to a certain brightness level? Obviously you can use "fade up" to go to 100%, but wanted to know if specific levels were possible with "fade up".

Thanks!

Sorry, no.   The device will Fade Up until a Fade Stop is received.  Although Fading at a known rate (not the Local Ramp Rate nor Scene Responder Ramp Rate) there is not enough Program control to stop at any specific On Level.   Also someone could have changed the current On Level so how long to Wait before issuing the Fade Stop is not easily reacted to.  

I never use Fade Up or Fade Down. I always use an absolute brightness level with a ramp about 4.5 seconds.

This way when you set a group of lights they all appear to synchronize rather than lights suddenly changing one at a time where you can see the time lag between bulbs.

So to make this happen from a program, you need to make another scene, place the device you want to brighten to a set level in it, and call this scene from the program? What would you put in the program to do this (ramp)? I was thinking ramp rate was only for local control - ie not a program, but actually pushing a button.

Thanks

I have only had my 994i for a few days so I am probably just stalled on the learning curve. I have a scene that I want to trigger through a program. I trigger it at the end of a time period using a command in the else section of the if...then..else statement. In this scene I have all of the level slides set to 20% in the scene tab. The device tabs on level sliders are all are all set to 90% (it says applied locally). The ramp rate sliders are all set to .5 in every tab (devices and scene) for soft start purposes. Will setting the scene "on" cause these lights to ramp up at the scene ramp rate to the scene "on" level?

Will telling them to "fade up" cause them to ramp up at the local ramp time to the local "on" level?

As I said before I am kind of a noob and I am struggling with the differences in terminology between this and house link.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

" Will setting the scene "on" cause these lights to ramp up at the scene ramp rate to the scene "on" level?"

Yes, if I understand correctly what the various sliders are set to.

"Will telling them to "fade up" cause them to ramp up at the local ramp time to the local "on" level?"

Fade Up command is paired with a Fade Stop.   The Fade Up ramp rate is something like 0.2 or 0.3 seconds (from memory). which is built into the device firmware.  All devices have the same Fade Up/Down ramp rate.   The device will Fade Up/Down until device receives a Fade Stop or 100%/0% reached.   A Fade Stop should always be issued.   Fading a device by pressing a button/paddle will always end with a Fade Stop.

Archived