Can't upgrade to 5.01 (I have tried EVERYTHING)

jgriffnyc

Hello,

I recently purchased a mini-remote from Smarthome (brand new) 4 keypad switch.  Try as I might, under firmware 4.3.6, attempting to add it as a "remotelinc 2" the device continually comes back as "unsupported" no matter what I call it, auto-discover, different device types, whatever.  It simply won't link.
My first thought was firmware upgrade, but upgrade to 5.01 CONSISTENTLY fails at 13 percent (over "editors.xml" I believe) with the following two errors: "Upgrade Failed: Failed uploading file (reported written size is invalid)" and "Socket Timeout Error."

This couldn't make less sense to me and is extremely frustrating.

I've tried everything suggested elsewhere on the forum, disabling firewalls, modifying packet handling, connecting via https, plugging it into the same switch, etc, and nothing has helped.

So I guess my question is, a) is this remote actually supported under 4.3.6 and I'm just doing something stupid?  Because if it is, I'll simply be happy there.  And b ) if it's only supported at the 5.x level, how do I get around my upgrading problems outlined above?

Thanks in advance,

-j. 

Hello,

I recently purchased a mini-remote from Smarthome (brand new) 4 keypad switch.  Try as I might, under firmware 4.3.6, attempting to add it as a "remotelinc 2" the device continually comes back as "unsupported" no matter what I call it, auto-discover, different device types, whatever.  It simply won't link.

My first thought was firmware upgrade, but upgrade to 5.01 CONSISTENTLY fails at 13 percent (over "editors.xml" I believe) with the following two errors: "Upgrade Failed: Failed uploading file (reported written size is invalid)" and "Socket Timeout Error."

This couldn't make less sense to me and is extremely frustrating.

I've tried everything suggested elsewhere on the forum, disabling firewalls, modifying packet handling, connecting via https, plugging it into the same switch, etc, and nothing has helped.

So I guess my question is, a) is this remote actually supported under 4.3.6 and I'm just doing something stupid?  Because if it is, I'll simply be happy there.  And b ) if it's only supported at the 5.x level, how do I get around my upgrading problems outlined above?

Thanks in advance,

-j. 

Been there , done that, got the ISY Tee-shirt.

You need to install 4.3.18 first then upgrade. This is not the usual UDI way but it is this time.

OK, so after quite an adventure this morning, upgrading to 5.01, downgrading back to 4.3.18, and (somehow) corrupting my password and having to reset it, it now appears I have a stable system running firmware 4.3.18 AND UI 4.3.18.  I was able to get the mini remote installed, and it would APPEAR to go into the system perfectly, without incident.

HOWEVER... it doesn't work.  At all.  Buttons don't appear to do anything, even though I have them successfully linked with scenes, etc.  And it doesn't appear to be an RF reception issue, as my house is loaded with dual-band products, and the ISY talks to the remote, no problem, wherever I am.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

OK, so after quite an adventure this morning, upgrading to 5.01, downgrading back to 4.3.18, and (somehow) corrupting my password and having to reset it, it now appears I have a stable system running firmware 4.3.18 AND UI 4.3.18.  I was able to get the mini remote installed, and it would APPEAR to go into the system perfectly, without incident.

HOWEVER... it doesn't work.  At all.  Buttons don't appear to do anything, even though I have them successfully linked with scenes, etc.  And it doesn't appear to be an RF reception issue, as my house is loaded with dual-band products, and the ISY talks to the remote, no problem, wherever I am.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Battery operated devices have to be put into Linking mode to write scene links to them.

You can verify these links by putting the device into Linking mode and right clicking on the device in the Admin Console and viewing the Link tables, comparing it with ISY's tables. A restore device can fix any discrepancies

.             ....while in Linking Mode.

Battery powered devices need to be put in linking mode one-at-a-time. The original RemoteLinc needs to be quite distant from the ISY when adding it. Some of mine needed to be nearly 40 ft distant.

Nope. Once added, it should fully function. But, I haven't tried Release 5+. I'm still at 4.3.10. OTOH, when using RemoteLincs distant from the ISY, the response is nearly immediate. With those close to the ISY the responders take 3-5 seconds before responding.

Archived