Release 2.6.10 is now available

Michel Kohanim

Hi Joe,

Good to hear you got the modules to work. It would be fabulous to have your own weather station plugged into Weatherbug.

The motion sensor options should work and I have verified them personally. The scale is linear except for the timeout which is in minutes.

Java 1.6.11? Ah, this is one thing we have not tested yet.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel:

Whew!

I remembered the manual setting up of the router for the gmail (My router would not resolve the gmail dns so we put the numerical IP address for gmail and the email worked.)

...so I went into the telnet and put everything back to where it should be.

Having done that, I was able to receive the module without issue. When it was time to choose a location, I had trouble with setting my location. The page which showed the various stations would flash up for less than a second then disappear. I would have to force quit the Administration Console. I chose a larger city near me and I was able to set a location. It was a little more than 13 miles from me but it will work.

I would like to be able to get my weather station on Weather Bug to have access to very localized conditions.

One more thing: I asked earlier, but you have been very busy today; do the options function for the motion sensors really do what the ISY says they can be set to? And if so, what scale are you using for light? Is it 0-100 on a linear scale? If so, I have some very sensitive light metering equipment (commercial photographer in a previous life) which would help me with ambient lighting in an important room.

Joe

P.S.

I have upgraded to Java 1.6.0_11 and things seem to be a little slow when dealing the Admin Console.

Also, with my router/ISY situation back to where it should be, I'm getting my email notifications.

How do you go back to 1.6.10?

I have a program that queries my thermostat every 15 minutes. Since the update from 2.6.8 to 2.6.10, the program does not query the thermostat. If I manually query the thermostat, all values update, but the program (even if I execute the then statement) won't update values.

I also would like to know what an open auto demand/response unit is.

When you say that this version supports i2, I'm guessing that this is a newer version of storing or communicating insteon information. (when I search for i2 in this forum, nothing comes up... must be too short of a word)

Will the i2 support allow me to use the EZX10RF better? If not, what will the i2 suppport help me with?

Hello jamesx0,

This has been reported but we cannot reproduce it. What do you see in the Program Summary? Also, in Tools->Diagnostics->Event Viewer, if you change the level to 2, what do you see when you run the program?

And, finally, would you be kind enough to do a complete query on your network and see if there are other devices that do not report their status?

With kind regards,

Michel

I have a program that queries my thermostat every 15 minutes. Since the update from 2.6.8 to 2.6.10, the program does not query the thermostat. If I manually query the thermostat, all values update, but the program (even if I execute the then statement) won't update values.

Hi someguy,

i2 does not help with EZxxx units. You do not need i2 unless you get new devices from SH which are now all i2 especially Motion Sensor, TriggerLinc, KPL Relay, SwitchLinc Dimmer 600, Thermostat, etc.

With kind regards,

Michel

When you say that this version supports i2, I'm guessing that this is a newer version of storing or communicating insteon information. (when I search for i2 in this forum, nothing comes up... must be too short of a word)

Will the i2 support allow me to use the EZX10RF better? If not, what will the i2 suppport help me with?

Hi Rand,

Thanks so very much. I suspect you are reaching the limits of your PLM!

i2 devices respond to get engine version with 1. That's how we figure out which one is i2.

The PLM itself, has to be i2 enabled and I doubt if PLM 52 can handle i2.

As far as query on startup, please go to the configuration page, under System tab, please let me know if the Query at start is checked. Ah, you are back to 2.6.8 ... no worries.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

I sort of had a feeling about the PLM.

Yes, Query at Restart is checked as well as Catch up schedules at Restart.

Rand

Hello jamesx0,

This has been reported but we cannot reproduce it. What do you see in the Program Summary? Also, in Tools->Diagnostics->Event Viewer, if you change the level to 2, what do you see when you run the program?

And, finally, would you be kind enough to do a complete query on your network and see if there are other devices that do not report their status?

With kind regards,

Michel

The same conditions occured here.

Update:

I went to the program summary page, manually restarted the Thermostat Query, and everything was fine. Because my Thermostat Query goes from 12:00:00 to 11:59:59 the same day, this morning the Thermostat Query had restarted at 12:00:00 and the query is running fine. Now here's the catch. In the log, the value that is being report is 0, not the current temperature as before. There has not been any values for the humidity either. The only reported value is 0, since my upgrade to 2.6.10. Interestingly, that has been my SET value of my Thermostat (because we heat with a wood stove) since my upgrade. Could the ISY be reporting the wrong information to the log? The information on the thermostat device property page on the Admin Console is correct.

Also: The new day brings the 1 second device query instead of the 4-5 min device query I (and others) were reporting yesterday.

I did, however lose a Motion Sensor yesterday; it linked properly and the status reports correctly when pushing the set button on/off, but alas...it senses motion no more...

Joe

I'm seeing this as well. My query program seems to be running:

If
       From    12:00:00AM
       For      24 hours 

Then
       Repeat Every  15 minutes 
          Wait  10 minutes 
          Set 'OfficeThermostat' Query

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

But the ISY is showing outdated thermostat values. If I manually query the thermostat, the values update correctly.

Joe and Mike,

Thanks so very much for the update. We found the bug and it shall be fixed within the next couple of days.

With kind regards,

Michel

I'm seeing this as well. My query program seems to be running:

If
       From    12:00:00AM
       For      24 hours 

Then
       Repeat Every  15 minutes 
          Wait  10 minutes 
          Set 'OfficeThermostat' Query

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

But the ISY is showing outdated thermostat values. If I manually query the thermostat, the values update correctly.

Ive noticed that the log files no longer contain error codes, was this removed?

Oh they're there alright:

CLI-WBu Sun 12/07/2008 04:16:53 PM System -140005

...Whatever THAT means...

Joe

Is there a setting somewhere that turns off/on the status codes in the log files? mine no longer show up

Hello reakhavok,

It's a utilities based system where they notify you of the price of electricity based on the load on the grid. This is currently in pilot and not very many utilities provide these services. Those who do (PGE/SCE), require you to have at least 200KWH utilization.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michael,

any information on what the open auto demand/response module is?

I noticed when you do a whole system query that it puts up the querying system box, but doesn't display any kind of progress. You can't even tell the query is running until the system query box disappears and it appears it's update the statuses.

Hello RLIKWARTZ,

This has also been fixed in 2.6.11. We are putting the finishing touches for 26. We should be done very soon.

With kind regards,

Michel

I noticed when you do a whole system query that it puts up the querying system box, but doesn't display any kind of progress. You can't even tell the query is running until the system query box disappears and it appears it's update the statuses.

Archived