Keypadlinc A B C D Buttons Not Working...

BelWave

So, I never used a KPL before now and must be doing something very wrong.  

The larger top and bottom "load" buttons work as expected, but the four smaller middle buttons don't seem to be able to control anything and only show up in the Admin Console and MobiLinc as a "Status Only Device".

How do I make one of the four smaller buttons control another wall switch?  Why do the four small buttons only show up as "Status Only Devices"?  

Thanks,

Brad

Hey Michel,

Thanks for the link.  

I think I might be generally setting up my entire ISY - MobiLinc incorrectly.  Should most if not all my "Devices" be under a "Scene" vs. controlling my automation system via the Devices directly?

When I use MobiLinc I never use the "Scenes" (because there is basically nothing in there) and always use the "Devices" button and scroll to whatever Device I want to control.

So, I created a "Scene" and put the KPL button along with the device switch that has the load into the Scene both as "Responders".  Now turning the "Scene" off & on controls the load (in this case a pump), but only physically pressing the load switch turns on the pump.  Pressing the KPL button does not turn on the pump.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

Brad

Hi Brad,

Scenes are collection of devices where one (or more) act as controllers. For instance, a 3 way switch must be a scene. Depending on what you are trying to do, you might not need scenes. But, since you mentioned KPL buttons not doing anything, I suspect you want those buttons to do something. If that's the case, then you need to have a scene for each one of those buttons and then put other devices that you want those buttons to control inside the scene either as controllers (they follow the status of the button and the button will follow their status) or responders (they follow the status of the button but if you physically do anything to them, the status of the button will not follow).

With kind regards,

Michel

I have one KPL and use one scene from the MS to direct connect via a scene to the KPL load lights.

For the keys A,B,C,D I do not use scenes but only programs. This depends on whether you want to do logic with to symbols and how fast you need a response. I use my keypad buttons for combination sequences.

For manually operated switches and buttons controlling lights with a ramp on delay or a fan speed the small ISY program delay is never noticed. For a MS, with responding light, the ISY program delay is unforgivable IMHO.

Each device that is not wired to a load requires a scene or program to function (control one or more different devices). Scenes write the links directly to the devices, are nearly instantaneous, require a minimal amount of ISY resources (none at all for the devices to function), and will work even if the ISY is removed. Programs are slower, use more of the limited ISY resources than scenes and will not work if the iSY isn't working.

Scenes cannot respond to conditions, only programs can. Program can run and even modify scenes.

Archived