Jump to content

SD Drive config read failed?


Xathros

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I am seeing a lot of this:

Mon 2015/11/16 11:42:28 PM	System	-110014	/CONF/149DAC.REC

in my error log lately.  It is always with this one file.  What is this file?  I'm thinking it may be a network resource rule but I'm not sure.  If it is, is there any way to tell what rule ID it belongs to? Is it safe to delete?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

-Xathros

 

Link to comment

Hi Paul-

 

I more suspect just a corrupted file than an actual problem with the SD card.  Its not that old and I doubt I'm anywhere near is max number of writes at this point.

 

-Xathros

Link to comment

Hi Xathros,

 

That's the file that contains the INSTEON database for 14.9D.AC. Please check and make sure you still have this device in your system. If you do, you must remove it and then link it back. If you don't, then please remove it using the RF command.

 

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel,

 

Turns out, this is the one device that is the hardest to deal with in my entire installation.  Its the fanlinc in my MBR fan.  I had a hell of a time stuffing that into the box as the fan has a very small canopy and the bracket fills most of it.

 

Funny thing is, this device appears to be working just fine.

 

Guess I have another project for this weekend.  Hope I can get to the set button without having to pull the fanlinc out of the box.

 

-Xathros

Link to comment

Xathros

 

Try using New INSTEON Device.   I used that with most of my devices including FanLincs where Set button access is not necessary.

Duh.  Thanks Lee.  Guess I've spent too much time recently dealing with wireless devices...

 

Now all I need to do is search out what scenes and programs will need to be adjusted after the delete and add.

 

-Xathros

Link to comment

All set.  Removed and re-added.  Had to add the Fan and Light back to the various scenes they were previously members of.  Did NOT have to fix the programs as after adding the devices back with exactly the same names they had, the programs all continued to show the devices after adding them back.

 

Thanks Lee, Michel and the rest that chimed in on this.

 

-Xathros

Link to comment

Did NOT have to fix the programs as after adding the devices back with exactly the same names they had, the programs all continued to show the devices after adding them back.

 

I've noticed that before too when factory resetting insteon devices. I can delete a device, and not touch the programs and add it back in. The ISY programs "find" it when it returns, when the name is the same. I've never tried with a different name, don't know if that or the address is key in that association.

Link to comment

I've noticed that before too when factory resetting insteon devices. I can delete a device, and not touch the programs and add it back in. The ISY programs "find" it when it returns, when the name is the same. I've never tried with a different name, don't know if that or the address is key in that association.

Well, it saved me the worst of the work I though I would need to do!

 

Not only did I not need to pull the fan down to deal with this, I was able to accomplish the whole procedure remotely!

 

-Xathros

Link to comment

I've noticed that before too when factory resetting insteon devices. I can delete a device, and not touch the programs and add it back in. The ISY programs "find" it when it returns, when the name is the same. I've never tried with a different name, don't know if that or the address is key in that association.

I don't seem to have problems with that the last while. I usually just factory reset the device and do a restore

Originally  I would delete the device, factory reset, and then relink the device. frequently things would go two different ways.

 

- Programs using the device would display some unknown device message <device unknown>or similar.

or

-Programs would display the name of the device but in the root folder and not the folder it resided in. In this case selecting the program line and then clicking the line update at the bottom changed the device name to the proper full path name.

 

I don't know what has changed in process or ISY but I haven't seen this for some time now.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      36.6k
    • Total Posts
      368.1k
×
×
  • Create New...