Is Logitech Harmony Hub compatible with ISY?

madcodger

She's probably mad because someone forgot to install a keypad / button to turn the lights on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and besides that it will be relayed to the 3rd degree: 

3rd degree is a friend of a friend and so on. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

If you do know anyone at Logitech, please contact them. They are simply not responding to us.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michael,

I bought the Harmony Elite last year when I couldn't figure out how to get my Prontopro to work with my X1 (I did figure it out eventually but the wife liked the Harmony better). I sent Logitech multiple e-mails about this. I told them that the elite is geared to HA people and they need to work with UDI who has the best interface for insteon, zwave, etc.

I even agreed to be a beta tester, but I haven't​ heard anything for over a year.

Since then, I bought a ir Linc 2441r and added the buttons to insteon scenes. It works very well. The Harmony has functionality for the 2441. You then have to assign the buttons to the commands you want them linked to.

I made a more than honest effort for you guys. I appreciate the product that you offer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Quick question as I start to get into this...  If I have 3 Logitech Harmony hubs in various locations, I assume I would need 3 Insteon 2411R devices and simply connect them directly to each of the Harmony Hubs via 3.5mm to 2.5mm wire so all 3 can receive commands for the Insteon network.  Does that make sense?

Quick question as I start to get into this...  If I have 3 Logitech Harmony hubs in various locations, I assume I would need 3 Insteon 2411R devices and simply connect them directly to each of the Harmony Hubs via 3.5mm to 2.5mm wire so all 3 can receive commands for the Insteon network.  Does that make sense?

I'd take a look at the Polyglot solution mentioned above first as long as you're willing to use a RaspberryPi or similar device and you're willing to run the 5.0.x Alpha branch of the ISY firmware.

• 6 months later...

Don't buy the Insteon 2411R, or the 2411T, they are not well integrated and very buggy, the latter is a real POS.  If you pay for shipping, I'll send them to you.

I'd like to see a network solution with the ISY sending commands to the Harmony remote, which then send out the appropriate IR signals to the TV and receiver.  (My ISY is in a closet with all my other network devices, the TV is in another room)

Don't buy the Insteon 2411R, or the 2411T, they are not well integrated and very buggy, the latter is a real POS.  If you pay for shipping, I'll send them to you.

I'd like to see a network solution with the ISY sending commands to the Harmony remote, which then send out the appropriate IR signals to the TV and receiver.  (My ISY is in a closet with all my other network devices, the TV is in another room)

You can't connect to a harmony remote, but you can connect to the hub.  For that you can use polyglot or IFTTT.

For direct IR out to the devices you can implement Global Cache IR transmitters.  They are Ethernet or wifi-based devices that you can control with the network module.

Archived