ISY/Z-Wave Compatibility

jgcharlotte

Yes, in my original response to Michel a few posts up I mentioned it will replace a lot of network resources, which are very tedious to create, and change. If it worked like a regular ISY notification for email then it would be so much easier! I like pushover because it allows setting notification priorities and the Tasker plugin works great for reading the notifications out loud on my spare tablets.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

All I did was login to my Pushover account, grabbed the email address which is your token@api.pushover.net and added it like you would an email. In SMTP settings I have "use default" checked and nothing else in there. Then anything going forward just use it as an "email" and it will go through the pushover app. Done. Simple. Hope that helps you and works for what you want. I use pushover exclusively for all my notifications as its fast and lightweight.

All I did was login to my Pushover account, grabbed the email address which is your token@api.pushover.net and added it like you would an email. In SMTP settings I have "use default" checked and nothing else in there. Then anything going forward just use it as an "email" and it will go through the pushover app. Done. Simple. Hope that helps you and works for what you want. I use pushover exclusively for all my notifications as its fast and lightweight.

Oh ya, I forgot about the easy way :wink: I use their api with calls from network resources, much faster and more settings available, at least when I originally set it up a long time ago.

Oh ya, I forgot about the easy way :wink: I use their api with calls from network resources, much faster and more settings available, at least when I originally set it up a long time ago.

Never done it that way but maybe posting that info for other people maybe helpful. ;)

Edit: I guess if you go with the network resources you have more options with priorities and devices. I KISS and just added it as an email with my details in the Email/Notifications/Customizations section with specific variables. More than one way to do things in the case.

I think I picked it up on here, probably from @MWareman? And it may even be on the wiki. But I'll see if I can find it.

If its on the wiki

I think I picked it up on here, probably from @MWareman? And it may even be on the wiki. But I'll see if I can find it.

Your right its here on the wiki - http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i_Series_INSTEON:Networking:Mobile_Notification

I communicate directly with my Philips Hue bridge to control 5 lights, two MiLight bridges that control 5 RGBWW strips and 4 MiLight coloured bulbs, a Venstar thermostat via an RPi with NodeLink, 5 X10 modules, a remote WC8 PLC via back to back Wi-Fi modems, two mobile phones, two email accounts, and about 50 Insteon devices including two more thermostats.

I haven't begun to use Zwave and hope to not ever have to use Zwave.

There are dozens more systems out there I can probably communicate with but haven't endeavoured to attempt them yet.

So basically that is all I can communicate with from my ISY994i and there is no problem other than that. I would find a way though.

Perhaps what you don't know about is the ISY Network Module that let's you command almost anything connected to an Ethernet network, including the Internet.

Hi sliversop,

Apart from INSTEON/Z-Wave/ELK/ECHO (and soon IFTTT, Pushover, and Comfort APIs thermostats), ISY does not have native integration with anything else. If anything outside of what I have outlined is your primary use case, then ISY is not the right product for you.

With kind regards,

Michel

"Crap shoot" mightbe a little extreme. Clearly many have had success with many of the popular devices. Just be prepared to spend some time and research.

Thanks to everyone for their replies... Good info...

Regards,

S

I thought I'd post this here. I'm not an every day user of the forum, but I am an avid ISY user and have added the Z-Wave expansion board to my system this past summer. I have a Yale Z-Wave front door lock and would like to use it in a screen as a controller for my entry lights. A few months ago I asked if the ability to add a Z-Wave product as a controller is contemplated. I believe the reply was positive.

Does anyone know if this will actually happen and if so when; if it did already happen and in what version of the OS; or if it's no longer considered?

Thanks Michel

I've tried to use the yale lock status in a program, but it's hit and miss. I thought if I could use it as a controller that would be a much more direct approach to the same end. ie. If the lock is unlocked than the light goes on...and that's all I want to do.

Thanks Michel

I've tried to use the yale lock status in a program, but it's hit and miss. I thought if I could use it as a controller that would be a much more direct approach to the same end. ie. If the lock is unlocked than the light goes on...and that's all I want to do.

I have never used my lock as a scene controller, but have used it in a program much the same way as you describe.  I want to turn a few lights on when the door is unlocked, but only between certain hours.  So far, the program has worked flawlessly.  Unfortunately, in addition to the lock as a program trigger, I have an open/close sensor, so I am unsure whether the lock or sensor triggers the lights.  Some day I may experiment to find out.  It seems, however, that the ISY keeps a pretty accurate status of the lock, so I cannot imagine why it would not be a reliable program trigger or scene controller.

oberkc, if you use a dimmer to control dimmable lights, then you could set the lock and sensor to two distinct levels of illumination and use full on if both are triggers.

Kevin, I too, use a program to indicate an open Z-Wave lock.

Archived