Release 2.6.13 beta is now available

Michel Kohanim

Release 2.6.13 beta is now available and may be downloaded immediately.

For fixes and enhancements, please peruse our beta forum at http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=930. You may also post your comments/questions and issues relating to 2.6.13 to this forum.

This release provides the following important features:

1. 99i Series Optional Modules (Help->Purchase Modules)

--> Weather Module: allows you to add weather information in your programs

--> Energy Meter Module: allows you to use Brultech Meter information in your programs

--> Online Upgrade from 99i Series to 99i PRO Series

2. i2 Support

--> Choose the messaging method between Automatic, Device Reported, and i1 Only

Bugs

None

IMPORTANT

1. For those upgrading from release 2.6

--->Please note that releases 2.6.1 and above will use default HTTP/HTTPS ports of 80/443 respectively. As such, before upgrading Disable Internet Access

--->You will have to upgrade to release 2.6.5 ( http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=1409 ) before upgrading to release 2.6.13

--->If you are upgrading from 2.6.1, please make sure you export all your programs and store them in a safe place

2. If you have used bookmarks, please update them accordingly. If you have problems finding ISY, try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i

3. As always, please take a backup of your ISY

Due to massive [plumbing] changes in this release, please do be kind enough to thoroughly test i2 related issues such as not receiving status feedback from i2 devices.

INSTRUCTIONS for ISY-26

- Userid = isy

- Password = autoupdate

-- Step 1 - This step is necessary if and only if you are upgrading from any release except 2.6.11 and above

- Download the update from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip do not unzip

- Login to Admin Console

- Choose Help->Manually Upgrade My Lighting and choose the file you downloaded in the previous step

-- Step 2

- Download the update from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip do not unzip

- Login to Admin Console

- Choose Help->Manually Upgrade My Lighting and choose the file you downloaded in the previous step

INSTRUCTIONS for ISY 99i Series

- Userid = isy

- Password = autoupdate

- Login to Admin Console

- Important: After upgrading, please close Admin Console, close all web browser processes, clear your Java cache, and reopen Admin Console. If there are any web browser processes running, the Java cache will not be cleared.

Hello all,

Apologies for not responding to the posts last night + not releasing 2.6.13 on time. Had to make sure we have covered all bases. I do think that this release will be able to handle more devices but I am also sure that there are many undocumented SH features/bug that will pop up. Hopefully ISY can handle them gracefully.

Please do test i1/i2 functionality like adding devices, adding scenes, moving back and forth between scenes, and changing scene attributes. Also, it would be great to read database links.

Thanks again for your patience,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello Gary,

Would you be kind enough to try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i . If this works, then please download again and reinstall.

Hi Burak,

I tested the motion sensor again and it works fine. Perhaps there's no motion???

Thanks so very much,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi

With the new release I found that I am not able to select Insteon devices in the then action statement of my programs. What ever is there from default is not able to be changed.

Thanks in advance

Gary

first problem i see is that i cannot get the status of my motion detector. I'm not at home, so i cannot restore or reset and reinstall them, but I'll try and report that later...

I'm seeing the same thing. ISY-26, PLM v52. I upgraded from 2.6.12 directly. All three of the motion sensor devices show up with blank status and if I try to query any one of them, I get nothing. No messages in the log (set at level 2).

I tried changing the advanced options to "Device Reported" and did a query of My Lighting and again, no entries in the log for the motion sensor. I'm also seeing the same behavior for the EZRain zones. All my other devices are queried just fine.

Hi Bob,

Motion sensors are NOT queryable because you will have to put them in Programming mode before you can communicate with them. This is actually a bug that we fixed!

With kind regards,

Michel

first problem i see is that i cannot get the status of my motion detector. I'm not at home, so i cannot restore or reset and reinstall them, but I'll try and report that later...

I'm seeing the same thing. ISY-26, PLM v52. I upgraded from 2.6.12 directly. All three of the motion sensor devices show up with blank status and if I try to query any one of them, I get nothing. No messages in the log (set at level 2).

I tried changing the advanced options to "Device Reported" and did a query of My Lighting and again, no entries in the log for the motion sensor. I'm also seeing the same behavior for the EZRain zones. All my other devices are queried just fine.

Ahh, That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Hi Bob,

Motion sensors are NOT queryable because you will have to put them in Programming mode before you can communicate with them. This is actually a bug that we fixed

Hi

With the new release I found that I am not able to select Insteon devices in the then action statement of my programs. What ever is there from default is not able to be changed.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Agreed.

However, for the short term there is a work-around; use the up/down arrows on your keyboard to scroll the devices. It's a little cumbersome, but it will work until the issue is resolved.

Joe

here is a bug that I found in this version and in the .12 version:

when an Insteon Motion sensor turns a light on, the status goes to ON, then later when the light goes off (because the motion sensor turned it off), the status stays ON. The only way to get the status to switch back to off is to manually query it.

It looks like the on/off is sort of working again for me, but I have one 2476D (v.27) device which goes OFF when you CLICK ON. Fast-On or Brighten is the only way to get the device to go on.

This does not seem to occur with other switches that I have tested so far.

NTP still seems to not work.

-Bob

Hello someguy,

I cannot reproduce this issue here and I have 3 Motion Sensors. Would you be kind enough doing a Restore Device on your motion sensor? Also, when you click the set button manually, does the status change?

With kind regards,

Michel

here is a bug that I found in this version and in the .12 version:

when an Insteon Motion sensor turns a light on, the status goes to ON, then later when the light goes off (because the motion sensor turned it off), the status stays ON. The only way to get the status to switch back to off is to manually query it.

Hi Bob,

Please do be kind enough to check the On Level for this switch. Please make sure to airgap the switch if you make any changes.

As far as NTP not working, please check the logs and look for -6000x error. If you find one, then ISY is having a hard time resolving pool.ntp.org to an IP address.

With kind regards,

Michel

It looks like the on/off is sort of working again for me, but I have one 2476D (v.27) device which goes OFF when you CLICK ON. Fast-On or Brighten is the only way to get the device to go on.

This does not seem to occur with other switches that I have tested so far.

NTP still seems to not work.

-Bob

I get this 'Invalid request' and double login in about 1 in 5 logins.

So this is how it happens:

1) Start ISY via http://192.168.0.xxx/admin

2) Login screen pops up and filled in --> Click OK

2) Login screen pops up again and then 'Request failed' box pops up.

3) Click the Ok button on the error msg before proceeding

4) Enter login info again

5 Everything ok from here.

Regards,

Wayne

doublelogininfo.jpg

Hello Gary,

Hi Burak,

I tested the motion sensor again and it works fine. Perhaps there's no motion???

Thanks so very much,

With kind regards,

Michel

I think you were right, again, there had been no motion after I installed .13 once a motion triggered the detectors, it starting reporting correctly.

Thank you,

Burak

Hello Walter,

No because we realized it was not a bug. This is what happens:

With i2, RL takes a little longer to program (sometimes more than 4 minutes) and thus your RL goes out of programming mode. What you need to do is either use i1 Only mode OR:

sit next to your RL and after about 4 minutes, put your RL back into programming mode (the LED will stop blinking and you will not see any traffic).

We have also noticed that with battery operated devices, battery charge level has a TREMENDOUS impact on how quickly i2 messages are processed. So, you might want to make sure you have a good battery.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel

Did you have a chance to fix RemoteLinc bug in ver 2.6.13?

Thanks Walter

Hi Wayne, are you saying that you get a Request Failed as soon as you get the Admin Console?

Do you have Network Magic software installed on any computer on your network?

With kind regards,

Michel

I get this 'Invalid request' and double login in about 1 in 5 logins.

So this is how it happens:

1) Start ISY via http://192.168.0.xxx/admin

2) Login screen pops up and filled in --> Click OK

2) Login screen pops up again and then 'Request failed' box pops up.

3) Click the Ok button on the error msg before proceeding

4) Enter login info again

5 Everything ok from here.

Regards,

Wayne

Hi

I created a new scene with a 2476D and found it does not turn on/off from the scene screen. The scene shows the device going on/off but the 2476D does not respond. If I go to the device screen it works fine. Just not functioning in the scene. Tried several times. Controlers can turn the scene on/off but the 2476D does not follow the scene state.

The following is what is sent out (L2) when the scene is turned on.

2008/12/23 12:06:41 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 00.00.15 CF 11 00 06 LTONRR (00)

2008/12/23 12:06:41 : [ E 23 60 1] ST 255

Thanks Gary

Hi

I created a new scene with a 2476D and found it does not turn on/off from the scene screen. The scene shows the device going on/off but the 2476D does not respond. If I go to the device screen it works fine. Just not functioning in the scene. Tried several times. Controlers can turn the scene on/off but the 2476D does not follow the scene state.

Thanks Gary

Are you sure you haven't set a long ramp rate for the switch in the scene? I noticed that when adding a device to a scene it defaults to 9 minutes.

Rand

Hi

Thanks Gary

I would double check to make sure the on level and ramp rate for that device at the scene level are set properly. If so, I would do a restore on that device and see if that fixes it. (actually I never do a restore device, I always remove the device from ISY, factory reset it and re-add it...but that is just me, I think restore device works fine based on other peoples postings anyway).

Eric

Hi Wayne, are you saying that you get a Request Failed as soon as you get the Admin Console?

Do you have Network Magic software installed on any computer on your network?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

See the five steps I wrote in previous msg for the exact sequence.

Yes as soon as I log into ISY (enter user name and password then press OK) I get the 'Request failed' error and another blank log in screen. So I have to log in twice, the second time there is no 'Request failed' error.

Thanks,

Wayne

ps. No network magic software installed.

Archived