SWL work as individual devices but often fail when in scenes

Guest digitaltrader

Hello to_lighter,

Yes, please do be kind enough to:

1. Go to Tools->Diagnostics->Device Links Table

2. Choose Level 2

3. Click on Start and then choose your lamplinc

4. Carefully look at all the lines and see if you have duplicate lines (with the same exact 6 numbers)

Please do keep me posted.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Is there a way to confirm that the lamplink is the problem?

Cheers!

Hello to_lighter,

2. Choose Level 2

4. Carefully look at all the lines and see if you have duplicate lines (with the same exact 6 numbers)

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Cheers!

Thanks Michel,

I have taken the Lamplink out of all of the scenes except for the 3-way. Does the Lamplink need to be in more than one scene before duplicate entries show up? By 6 numbers I assume that we are talking about the address for the device?

Cheers!

Hello to_lighter,

2. Choose Level 2

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Cheers!

Thanks Michel,

I have taken the Lamplink out of all of the scenes except for the 3-way. Does the Lamplink need to be in more than one scene before duplicate entries show up? By 6 numbers I assume that we are talking about the address for the device?

Cheers!

Hi again Michel,

Ignore the previous post.

The Lamplink is currently part of 11 scenes. In the device links table there are 13 entries. There are no entries where all 6 sets of numbers are identical.

I should mention that I took the Lamplink out of the 3-way scene. I replicated the 3-way functionality in programs.

Cheers!

Hi to_lighter,

Thanks for the update. Perhaps we can try all these experiments with a replacement? Using programs to mimic a 3 way means that ISY is going to be policing the traffic which is not the most efficient way of doing things. I think it would be best to find the root cause because whatever is causing this may also cause some other unintended side effects.

With kind regards,

Michel

Guest digitaltrader

Scenes with the ISY are absolutely driving me nuts. Some work, most only turn on 1/2 of the devices. I installed a hardwired signalinc without any improvement. I turned off my TED energy device to see if that would help, it didn't. What other sources of noise can I look to eliminate and how do I test for noise on the line?

Could this simply be that the new SWLs do not play nice with the ISY. If so, is there any solution in the near future being that we haven't even truly identified the problem? Is the communication really that bad on SmartHome's end that they can't work closely with the ISY developers? It seems up until the latest SWLs the ISY is the only device that reliably works with insteon and has been insteon's savior.

Being new to insteon my wife is ready for me to box it all up and sell it.

Hello digitaltrader,

I am so very sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having. If all your switches are the newer ones (version 35 in Admin Console), then I can tell you that what you are experiencing (and as you can see from other posts in here) is surely not unique to you. These problems are currently being addressed by SH and, as soon as they find a solution, we'll let you all know.

Now, the question is what to do in the meantime. If your wife is willing to be patient for another 2 weeks, may I humbly recommend getting replacements for two of the most problematic switches you have? And, if possible, it would be great if you could post the firmware version, date code, and lot number for all your switches that have problems here http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2109 ( you will find the instruction on how to find these codes ).

And, finally, just to make sure you can always box it up and return it, I'll extend your money back guarantee period for another 60 days (only on ISY).

With kind regards,

Michel

Scenes with the ISY are absolutely driving me nuts. Some work, most only turn on 1/2 of the devices. I installed a hardwired signalinc without any improvement. I turned off my TED energy device to see if that would help, it didn't. What other sources of noise can I look to eliminate and how do I test for noise on the line?

Could this simply be that the new SWLs do not play nice with the ISY. If so, is there any solution in the near future being that we haven't even truly identified the problem? Is the communication really that bad on SmartHome's end that they can't work closely with the ISY developers? It seems up until the latest SWLs the ISY is the only device that reliably works with insteon and has been insteon's savior.

Being new to insteon my wife is ready for me to box it all up and sell it.

Archived