2441ZTH Thermostat Setting to Master Via Program

BigEfromDaBx

I have both the 2441ZTH (Wireless) and the 2441TH thermostats.  At night when I go to sleep i set the 2441ZTH as the master this way my AC cools the room based on the temperature in my room.  Then in the morning I set the 2441TH in my living room back to the master.  

Can I automate this via the ISY?  I dont see any settings for the thermostats that mention anything about a master.

Thanks for your help.

Bummer

If program logic is acting as an intermediary for your HVAC controls it can be done with more ISY program logic.

If the 2441TH is hardwired to the HVAC sources then not without some real screwball programming logic.

When in the 2441ZTH zones you could change setpoints on the 244TH to compensate in an equivalent scheme.

If program logic is acting as an intermediary for your HVAC controls it can be done with more ISY program logic.

If the 2441TH is hardwired to the HVAC sources then not without some real screwball programming logic.

When in the 2441ZTH zones you could change setpoints on the 244TH to compensate in an equivalent scheme.

thats what im doing now

You stated you were changing Masters, and I assume manually at the stats.

My suggestion was to change setpoints on the Master based on 2441ZTH.

I was changing masters every night when I went to bed.  Being that I couldnt find a way to automate it I just set my 2441TH a few degrees lower to compensate for my hotter bedroom.

I was changing masters every night when I went to bed.  Being that I couldnt find a way to automate it I just set my 2441TH a few degrees lower to compensate for my hotter bedroom.

This is what the ecobee3 thermostats are claiming now with their remotes. Up to 32??? remotes can be connected wirelessly and the temperature settings follow you around by MS in each room you occupy.

All sound great but I would go to bed hot, every night and not sleep for hours while my A/C brought the house down 1 degree per hour. I designed my house with a lower floor for the bedroom to keep it cooler but I feel sorry for the people with upstairs bedrooms in the heat. I had that in the last house I designed, but had return air vents in every room and kept doors shut to avoid temperature stratification.

• 2 months later...

I'm in the market for a new thermostat and am looking to do exactly what the OP wanted to do with the Insteon portable thermostat(s), which is to program through ISY that one is a Master at some times (day, for example) and another is Master at other times (evening, for example).

Are there other thermostats that integrate with ISY that do this? Preferably Zwave (I have the 994iZW) though any would be fine.

I'm in the market for a new thermostat and am looking to do exactly what the OP wanted to do with the Insteon portable thermostat(s), which is to program through ISY that one is a Master at some times (day, for example) and another is Master at other times (evening, for example).

Are there other thermostats that integrate with ISY that do this? Preferably Zwave (I have the 994iZW) though any would be fine.

Without any experience doing this myself, IIRC you can't switch masters from ISY programs.

Archived