Daylight savings time check box will not uncheck

GQuack

Greetings, probably something simple on my end. I live in Phoenix, AZ (no daylight savings time). 

The Daylight Savings box is checked and the ISY time is off by 1 hour even though location shows correctly for Phoenix, AZ. 

When I try to uncheck the daylight savings time box, the box clears for less than 1/2 a second, then the check mark re-appears. The system busy dialog box comes up very briefly, then disappears, but the daylight savings box is still checked. The behavior repeats every time. 

If I Synchronize the clock with computer's time - it sets correctly to Phoenix time

If I Synchronize now - it goes back to 1 hour off

PC time is correct and shows the appropriate time zone

NTP is enabled using pool.ntp.org

Synchronize every 24 hours

What to try next?

Thank you. Upgraded the UI and I do now see some differences. With location of Phoenix, the no daylight savings rule is specified and the daylight savings box is unchecked and cannot be checked so that is good. I want to see what happens over the next couple of days with the synchronize set to every 24 hours. When I synchronize now, the time changes and is off by 1 hour. When I Synchronize to the computer's time, it corrects itself. Does the synchronize now function use different rules than the local ISY?

So are you saying that if I use the Synchronize time functionality for whatever frequency, whenever it executes the time will be set incorrectly? If so, sounds like something I need t turn off.

No. The Universal Time Clock only knows and sends one time from Greenwich, to everybody.

Your local computer has to provide your addition or subtraction of  hours for your local time usage.

I used the custom lat/long figures as the listed city was way out on times for sunset and sunrise.

I use the 'Custom' location as Larry indicated. You can get the GPS coordinates of your doorstep from google maps and enter those in the appropriate fields when choosing 'Custom' as the location. 

IIRC from other discussions, that typically addresses this issue. Its easy enough to try.

Paul

Archived