Rest Query Returning Always False

Hi Guys..

I programmed a iRule interface with light controls and status. Today I just realize that the feedback of some devices isn't working so I ran a REST/STATUS command and see that these devices was returning blank values on Status...

I went into Administrative console and see that the devices were marked as "with no communication" and this was solved just sending a query command. OK they're back and the feedback appearing on the iRule interface again.

I was searching a way to query the devices using REST but when I send the command IP/REST/QUERY the xml returned always "false". What this could be?

And I simple question, what's the real function of the QUERY command?

Hi Guys..

I programmed a iRule interface with light controls and status. Today I just realize that the feedback of some devices isn't working so I ran a REST/STATUS command and see that these devices was returning blank values on Status...

I went into Administrative console and see that the devices were marked as "with no communication" and this was solved just sending a query command. OK they're back and the feedback appearing on the iRule interface again.

I was searching a way to query the devices using REST but when I send the command IP/REST/QUERY the xml returned always "false". What this could be?

And I simple question, what's the real function of the QUERY command?

Query is a command that should never be need to be used when up and running.

It needs to be used when ISY first boots up or when you have poor communications with device(s).

Archived