Simple All Off program doesn't work correctly

Hi Guys;

I'm trying to make a program shut everything off. Seems simple but I theres some issues.

The KPL that triggers the program is set to non toggle off

The All Off scene has all devices with an On Level of 0 and a ramp of 4.5

The LED Off scene has an On level of 0 and a ramp of 0

Heres the program;

All Off - [iD 0008][Parent 0001]

If
        Control 'Entrance KPL-All Off' is switched Off

Then
        Set Scene 'All Off' On
        Wait  5 seconds
        Set Scene 'LED Off' On

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The KPL button that triggers is is always lit even though its set to non toggle off. I tried air gapping the KPL but still the same.

The program itself leaves lights on and LEDs on as well. 

Not sure if I'm messing this up and should be doing something more straight forward or easier.

Drew

If you want everything OFF, why not simply create a scene that contains everything, and turn it off, rather than create a scene with ON levels of zero and turing that scene on. Remember, devices with a zero ON level are still ON. I suspect that is why your KPL is ON. Remember, also, that the kpl button toggle mode is only enforced when controlled locally. They can still be turned either on or off as part of a scene or directly from the isy as part of a program.

If I try to send program commands immediately, things tend to get lost.

I add a 1 second delay, and also have the "Wait while busy reading" checked.

Also, can the KPL be a controller of the scene?   Then the KPL itself will initiate the "all off" scene - and a second or 2 later, you could have ISY send the same command to catch any stragglers.

For my KPLs that I have set to "non-toggle-off" - I put all devices KPLs buttons as on or 100% - then i get the lights and KPL to turn off.

For my "All Off" scene, the KPL button is set to non-toggle off. I drag the devices I want turned off into the scene and don't bother with what their On-level or ramp rate is set to, off is off.

For my "All Off" scene, the KPL button is set to non-toggle off. I drag the devices I want turned off into the scene and don't bother with what their On-level or ramp rate is set to, off is off.

I agree it should work like that...but if I don't set things to "on" for the "non-toggle-off" buttons, then my KPL button stays lit.

I agree it should work like that...but if I don't set things to "on" for the "non-toggle-off" buttons, then my KPL button stays lit.

The LED will always go to an On-state from an Off-state, so non-toggle off will always blink on before turning off. That's built into the KPL and can't be changed. But, responders can't affect the controller. Something's amiss (unless you're using a program and not a scene).

The LED will always go to an On-state from an Off-state, so non-toggle off will always blink on before turning off. That's built into the KPL and can't be changed. But, responders can't affect the controller. Something's amiss (unless you're using a program and not a scene).

I know it will flash.   As I said, if I don't do what I stated, the KPL light will remain on.   My KPL is set to "non-toggle-off" and controls some number of devices.   If I set the responder levels to 0, and click the KPL button, the responders turn off, the KPL flashes...and stays on.  If I set the responder levels to 100%/on, then click the KPL button, the responders turn off, the KPL flashes...and turns off.   I've tested it a bunch, always with the same result. (At least with the KPLs I currently have and want the non-toggle-off set).

My KPL LED remains on as well.

I also notice my programs and scenes don't trigger correctly from other KPL buttons (same KPL)

I tried to restore but no change.

Should I delete the KPL from the ISY and rediscover it and start again?]

Drew

If I set the responder levels to 0, and click the KPL button, the responders turn off, the KPL flashes...and stays on.

Is your KPL part of either of the two scenes (either ALL OFF or LED OFF)?  If so, I consider this the likely cause of your problem.

If a KPL button is set to non-toggle-OFF, and you press that button, it will flash briefly, then turn OFF.  Unless you have a device failure of some sort, if yours is not turning off, it is because you have some external command turning it back on.

This really should be simple.  Forget the program.  Create a scene with all your devices as responder and KPL button as controller.  Configure the button as NON-TOGGLE-OFF.  Done.  Every time you press that button, the scene will turn off.

An option is to configure the KPL as a 6 button with the top/bottom button configured as non-toggled on mode

The top large button led will be lit when pressed and the bottom large button led will turn off the led when pressed

The KPL LED stays on.

I don't know why.

I realize it should be simple but something is not right with it.

Its the controller of the scene, not a program.

I have it set as non toggle off.

Again, its not triggering another scene triggered from a different KPL button on the same KPL.

I'm going to remove it from the ISY and rediscover it.

Is your KPL part of either of the two scenes (either ALL OFF or LED OFF)?  If so, I consider this the likely cause of your problem.

Yes the KPL is part of the all off scene and the LED off scene

And now the All off  scene seems to work but others are misfiring on a different SWL (A program with three lights in it sometimes doesn't run or only of the three lights will light up while the others don't, I can push the SWL repeatedly and itll runthe program eventually but not in any organized manner.

I added a different KPL button on a different KPL to run the all off program as a non toggle off and it worked.

Everything queries fine.

There are two slightly different, yet similar discussions going on here.

1) The original poster's issue with a program running and the button staying on (there are suggestions not to use a program at all)

and

2) My issue of KPL in "non-toggle-off" and the key stays lit.   This does not include a program. Purely a scene with the KPL as the controller.

I now think I remember why I have #2 set up the way I have it....I have one KPL button (say button D) attempting to turn off another button (say button B) and other devices.  Some (older?) KPLs don't allow a responder level of 0 for a scene on.  So I have to set the KPLs to be on, then the "non-toggle-off" will turn them off.  Otherwise, it doesn't work.   

I just verified this with a dual-band KPL, v.41.

Archived