How To Update Motion Detectors Without Pressing Set Button

HABit

Another question... looking for clarification...

Am I correct in assuming that enabling and running the program(s) with the THEN 'Write Device Updates'  means that I do not need to select "Automatic Writes to Battery Powered Devices" (step 2 of the first post)? Is there a battery downside to leaving that option selected?

Ok... here goes...

In the original post, step #2 was to select  "Automatic Writes to Battery Powered Devices" so that it was greyed out.

The THEN statements of the suggested programs has the action 'Write Device Updates' to the specific wireless device.

It seems to me that the program action is a 'manual update' and therefore there should be no need to have selected the  "Automatic Writes to Battery Powered Devices". Is this correct or do you need to have made that selection in the first place to allow the 'manual update' to work?

Hi GDM99,

If the batch is selected (manual), then nothing is programmed into devices regardless of their type (except for when you are linking the device and the initial link). In this case, the battery button plays no role. If the mode is automatic, then battery button causes ISY not to write to battery operated devices (you will have to do them manually).

Please note that this is only available for PRO series.

With kind regards,

Michel

Same here.. every time I come here I learn something that I find very important and never realized existed with the function of the ISY and devices it controls. 

I can only wish I had a ounce of the knowledge of the folks that frequent this site. It must take years to build up this kind of knowledge with spending a lot of time. I honestly never realized how powerful this ISY was until recently and have had it for years just doing very basic things.

You folks have changed my life.. Literally.. I mean that. My home and the way it functions is vastly improved as well as my family & even pets.. yes.. pets. 

Archived