ISY Portal and Mobilinc

jday

I've been using MobiLinc Connect for the past several years, but now want to switch to the ISY Portal for it's integration with Amazon Echo.  I understand that I can still use the MobiLine HD app, but  CANNOT use both MobiLinc Connect and ISY Portal and must deactivate MobiLinc Connect in order to use ISY Portal.  My question concerns the timing of those actions.  Do I need to deactivate MobiLinc Connect before I purchase the ISY Portal and try to set it up?  Is there a step-by-step procedure that must be followed when changing from MobiLinc Connect to ISY Portal?  Thanks.

Purchase the ISY Portal module first. It may be that this now automatically disables the Mobilinc module, not sure. If it does not, Contact UDI Support, they will take care of the deactivation for you.

Are you using IOS or Android?

If IOS, be aware that Mobilinc was enhanced for Connect specific features, and there is some feature loss when you switch to ISY Portal (push notification, for instance). That can be replaced by adding and configuring Locative to your IOS device.

If Android there is no functional change between the two portals, because the Android Mobilinc app was never enhanced for Connect specific features.

Thanks MWareman.  I'm using IOS and am aware of the features loss moving to the ISY Portal.  I used to use notifications when I had wireless IP cameras to alert me to motion when I was away, but now have a wired surveillance system with DVR (not associated with the ISY) and get notifications through that.  I also stopped using notifications for when events (i.e., lights on/off, etc) because I have so many it was really distracting and I could simply check the app if I wanted to make sure a program was executed.  If in the future after switching to ISY Portal I decide I need push notifications, geofencing, etc, I will check out the other options such as the Locative you mentioned.  Thanks again.

• 1 year later...

Archived