Linking faults... advice?

I seem to have TWO new Switchlincs that have some links in them but will not reliably take more links. Here's the thing: they're in a three-gang and four-gang box each; and all the other devices work great.

I've added two more APs recently (which made my RL faster and seemed to speed up a coupld of other things, but didn't really affect reliablity) - one on the ISY PLM and the other I've moved around to try to affect this issue.

I've defaulted both switches and they take some of the reprogramming but fail part-way through.

I've moved APs all around that area to no avail. I know the switch circuits are different than the outlet circuits so I'm not real surprised.

Next step seems to be to replace them... unless someone else has advice?

Hello gregoryx,

I am not sure if you've read the latest troubleshooting/tips/techniques by Mr. Lee ( http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2323 ) . From what I gather, you might have a loose connection on one of your outlets or switches. Is that possible?

With kind regards,

Michel

I seem to have TWO new Switchlincs that have some links in them but will not reliably take more links. Here's the thing: they're in a three-gang and four-gang box each; and all the other devices work great.

I've added two more APs recently (which made my RL faster and seemed to speed up a coupld of other things, but didn't really affect reliablity) - one on the ISY PLM and the other I've moved around to try to affect this issue.

I've defaulted both switches and they take some of the reprogramming but fail part-way through.

I've moved APs all around that area to no avail. I know the switch circuits are different than the outlet circuits so I'm not real surprised.

Next step seems to be to replace them... unless someone else has advice?

Archived