Play Spotify through Onkyo amplifier

micke@sanda.nu

Hello,
I hope this question hasn't been answered before.
I have an echo, and echo dot, Onkyo TX626, Harmony Hub, AppleTV4. 
I want to say to Alexa: Play spotify "somesong" and it will play through my Onkyo amplifier.
My Onkyo has both network capabilities, Bluetooth and amongst others Spotify Connect. I am able to play Spotify music from my IOS app on the Onkyo.
However, it would be cool to tell Alexa to play through the better speakers. I suspect that if you pair with bluetooth then Alexas voice will always try to play on the Onkyo. 

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance,
/Mike

I am a relative newbie here and with Alexa, but in my limited experience with Alexa, I think one way would be to use a DOT, and wire the Dot (hardwire) to the line input on your Onkyo and play it that way. Your Onkyo would have to always be on, unless if has a wake up feature when a signal is present. The Echo will not provide an output signal to anything, the DOT will.

Hello,

I hope this question hasn't been answered before.

I have an echo, and echo dot, Onkyo TX626, Harmony Hub, AppleTV4. 

I want to say to Alexa: Play spotify "somesong" and it will play through my Onkyo amplifier.

My Onkyo has both network capabilities, Bluetooth and amongst others Spotify Connect. I am able to play Spotify music from my IOS app on the Onkyo.

However, it would be cool to tell Alexa to play through the better speakers. I suspect that if you pair with bluetooth then Alexas voice will always try to play on the Onkyo. 

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance,

/Mike

I don't think it's possible with Amazon Echo.

This does not answer you questions, but FYI, you can do that with Google Home, with the help of Chromecast audio.

Benoit

I am a relative newbie here and with Alexa, but in my limited experience with Alexa, I think one way would be to use a DOT, and wire the Dot (hardwire) to the line input on your Onkyo and play it that way. Your Onkyo would have to always be on, unless if has a wake up feature when a signal is present. The Echo will not provide an output signal to anything, the DOT will.

I can turn on my Denon using the Echo and the ISY.  You should be able to do that with the Onkyo too as long as it has IP control using a network resource.  You should also be able to select a source.  Of course that would be two voice commands to the DOT.  One to turn on the receiver and one to play the song.

Archived