What did you do today?

I'm remodeling our bathroom. The most unusual thing I did today was take down a wall mounted mirror larger than 9 ft x 3 ft. Glued to wall and also had a frame screwed to the wall.

First time I ever did this (alone I might add). Got it on the countertop, but it was too heavy and tight in there so I needed to cut a hole in the drywall to slide it off the vanity into the next room (which is part of the remodel).

Got it down in one piece. Did I use enough tape?

2bedbf960055eddb985c3d026da4d71c.jpg

Proof:

231932e9a024aa3f8199f8d24a74da96.jpg

Edit: if I ever do this again I will get a helper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too late to suggest a magic mirror? ;)

• Like 1

The frame was tight against the wall.

Had to pry the mirror off gingerly and put shims behind as I went. The last guy put duct tape over the (hard to access) screws in the frame. Good thing the tape was about 20 years old...

Wore gloves, long sleeves, (and pants!!) and turtle neck sweatshirt on top. Thought about taping my sleeves and gloves together. Big mirrors are dangerous.

Oh, the photo doesn't show everything - I also covered the sinks - seemed like a good idea.

Edited by TrojanHorse

My new custom ordered 2017 Aston Martin DB11 arrived in port on March 27th and was put on a truck from Irvine CA today. So to make room, my "old" 2011 Aston Martin DB9 is now up for sale. Sad to see it go, she was my first. I will always remember my first.

http://www.parkplaceastonmartin.com/used-inventory/detail/Used-2011-Aston-Martin-2dr-Cpe-Auto/995/SCFFDAAE2BGA13183

• Like 1

My new custom ordered 2017 Aston Martin DB11 arrived in port on March 27th and was put on a truck from Irvine CA today. So to make room, my "old" 2011 Aston Martin DB9 is now up for sale. Sad to see it go, she was my first. I will always remember my first.

http://www.parkplaceastonmartin.com/used-inventory/detail/Used-2011-Aston-Martin-2dr-Cpe-Auto/995/SCFFDAAE2BGA13183

Very cool.

I'm guessing either it wasn't your daily driver or you have a short commute

You a racing guy? Ever take 'em to a track?

Got my DJI Mavic drone today. Now time to learn how to fly it.

01c2ce7450fe770081261a0e608e4443.jpg

Nice! Had my Mavic for a couple of months now. It's awesome!

Just don't forget to let it hover for 30 seconds after taking off (to properly image the takeoff point for an accurate RTH) and make sure you sent the RTH minimum height to clear all surrounding obstacles.

Oh, don't forget FAA registration and attach the registration ID...

Nice! Had my Mavic for a couple of months now. It's awesome!

Just don't forget to let it hover for 30 seconds after taking off (to properly image the takeoff point for an accurate RTH) and make sure you sent the RTH minimum height to clear all surrounding obstacles.

Oh, don't forget FAA registration and attach the registration ID...

Thanks for the info! Will do. I am on the DJI Youtube channel watching the steps/videos. This isn't the same as the drone toys I had in the past, so taking a lot more care. Glad to hear you like yours. I figured I may actually use it when traveling so thats why I bought the Mavic.

Speaking of snow, I spent a couple of hours on the slopes this morning before being driven off by yet another snowstorm.  This is the winter that will NOT relent!  The skiing is as good as it was in mid-February, though.

post-7363-0-54679900-1491941206_thumb.png

Iirc you're in MN? I've been flying to minne for the last month and I was greeted with snow this morning as well

Yep - in MN. Had a beautiful weekend of 70F then 30F and snow.

Like Prince said - the weather "keeps the bad people away".

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Strange paint job! :)

Do you have to replace the shrink wrap each night when you put it away? Or do you just remove enough to use the mirrors and doors?

Breath of fresh air

The latest thing is oxygen deprived garage storage to prevent  oxidization and rust. You better get those garage door seals replaced. :) :)

Edited by larryllix

I guess Scott is not going to drive it. Just sit in it for a few minutes at a time and experience the "new car smell" and imagine the gauges moving.  :mrgreen:

There is a car collector in my building. He has rented every available space that others are allocated but not using. He has some other places he keeps cars but a few of the nicest he keeps here. There is always a new surprise in the garage!

I hope he doesn't catch wind of oxygen-deprived garage storage. I don't want to hold my breath from my parking space to the elevator!

Today I woke up at 6:30am to go to Exotics at Redmond Town Center. It was opening day and was the biggest they ever had. Over 500 cars and at least a couple thousand people.

You can find more info here,

https://exoticsat.com/

But lets go back to last night when I got the call my car was ready.

506fe61e5191bc2ea66c0b0b4edd246b.jpg

So of course I went and got it! Looks absolutely stunning under the showroom lights and detailed. The best looking Aston there but I am biased! Hahah

02f2700930061fb6e717a4ae090357c3.jpg

Brought it home...woke up this morning.

37976d353b60ed887b8e4df07df055ab.jpg

Drove down and was privileged to get center court spot. I have only the fourth DB11 in the WA state area. One has flown down to Beverly Hills, the local dealership has a demo, so that leaves me and Matt (who is the AMOC Director for the NW) with our two!

Heres Matt in his silver DB11. Silver looks good but I think mine looks better!? Lol

b5e35434ca4d9a231ff664625734df99.jpg

Heres a few pix from the event. I have tons but if you want to see more of the "other" cars there today just go look at their website.

0357e3bcbedca47635aac927a5a3a907.jpg

e1a6760c6da39db3974edda64fc6ffd4.jpg

Edited by Scottmichaelj
  • Like 1

Today I upgraded from 16GB of RAM in my "server" to 32GB - Should have plenty of headroom now. Was getting up to 12GB normally.

My pfsense VM "router" has been working perfectly.

What is your thoughts on running it via a VM vs physical hardware?  I have been tossing this idea around and cant decide if VM is the right solution for a router.

What is your thoughts on running it via a VM vs physical hardware?  I have been tossing this idea around and cant decide if VM is the right solution for a router.

JayC - You might want to check out my thread below. I talk about what my needs were, PC specs and details more.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/21113-backup-isp-via-cellular/?hl=%2Bbackup+%2Bcellular

TIL = VM works perfect for me and saves me energy. I am VERY happy with pfsense router using Intel Quad Network card. No complaints. If you have more specific questions feel free to either PM me or post on the other thread.

Hope this helps!