What did you do today?

Scottmichaelj

Nice! . Now you are on the street or MILs basement for a few months?

Good timing? How is that new one going? 

Have a good friend that got a job at Snapchat and moved to Los Angeles so he is letting me live at his place in Seattle rent free. I have VERY good friends! New place maybe done by October. Lots of interior design choices still to be made. Selling all the furniture in our current home and going to do all new. HVAC is done, electrical and low volt is going in now.

30 minutes ago, Scottmichaelj said:

Have a good friend that got a job at Snapchat and moved to Los Angeles so he is letting me live at his place in Seattle rent free. I have VERY good friends! New place maybe done by October. Lots of interior design choices still to be made. Selling all the furniture in our current home and going to do all new. HVAC is done, electrical and low volt is going in now.

Insteon or Zwave, or combination ?

Insteon or Zwave, or combination ?

None of the above, hence my “for sale” post. Going to be using Lutron Homeworks QS (or RadioRA2), RTI remotes and Elk security. Everything is going to be hardwired with conduit everywhere. There will be only one load switch, any three ways will be via a scene controller (virtual). 

Edit:

Electrical so far (maybe 25%)

a61eb4891cccce96fe7b18547ec23bb2.jpg

Low volt so far (maybe 20%)

8d559ae3da9a89f531e8aa33dbe3eb5b.jpg

5 minutes ago, Scottmichaelj said:

Was invited to a private Lamborghini Lunch Event to preview the Lamborghini Huracan EVO. I will have the pleasure to drive it personally on the track at Willow Springs CA within the next couple months.

34c21e6f80b6d3c9404f6f54474844ff.jpg

48668931797bb554b52ed2d31727b731.jpg

c6436a9f82c62819e1d96b8211f63edc.jpg

a4f2d343ee5e9022669cf619dc639d98.jpg

3f891585d70f6a88322d1eb1dd108d37.jpg

Wow 4 tires and a steering wheel..... Just like my car   ?

• 1 month later...

A week ago I had the Lamborghini Huracan 610-4 for a few days. What a crazy fast car! V10 N/A with 610HP

42e7428d3a7e94602bede62cf47a3aa4.jpg

6875d969d41d17e6ff30565899a4f204.jpg

94262a6f0ae306e043eb52fd6f27a493.jpg7a54da156a2917596e681c4f4e8b91ed.jpg

Agree. Got to drive one of those the other week on a race circuit. Nothing like being told “go as fast as you like” when behind the wheel of one of those...

c50a87c0a021a57fc109bb23c8dfe560.jpg

I have to say though - although 50 or so HP less (and only 2 wheel drive instead of 4) the Ferrari 458 Italia was *way* more fun... default_smile.png

e83a7f8ba831223154805e7899abeb47.jpg

Agree. Got to drive one of those the other week on a race circuit. Nothing like being told “go as fast as you like” when behind the wheel of one of those...

I have to say though - although 50 or so HP less (and only 2 wheel drive instead of 4) the Ferrari 458 Italia was *way* more fun... default_smile.png

How so? More ability to “drift” in corners?

Congratulations. House is gorgeous!

Thank You.

The Lamborghini is crazy fast and corners like it’s on rails..... However, it’s feel is pretty subdued compared to the Ferrari which truly drives like a race car.

It’s likely only noticeable driving one right after the other. Also, this is on a circuit - so differing needs for sure...

The Lamborghini is crazy fast and corners like it’s on rails..... However, it’s feel is pretty subdued compared to the Ferrari which truly drives like a race car.

It’s likely only noticeable driving one right after the other. Also, this is on a circuit - so differing needs for sure...

Yup. I personally liked driving the Hurican but I am tall and it’s uncomfortable as hell. I can’t imagine it as a daily driver. After a few days I swapped out to Bentley Benayga which is like driving on a cloud, a soft fluffy, fast cloud.

8e33ac4855dcdd1bf9bf67d3e9bb3f89.jpg

I am an Aston Martin guy through and through. I am looking at getting an used 2014 Aston Martin V12 N/A Vanquish. That said this new house is costing me a fortune so right now its just a dream.

Yup. I personally liked driving the Hurican but I am tall and it’s uncomfortable as hell. I can’t imagine it as a daily driver. After a few days I swapped out to Bentley Benayga which is like driving on a cloud, a soft fluffy, fast cloud.

8e33ac4855dcdd1bf9bf67d3e9bb3f89.jpg

I am an Aston Martin guy through and through. I am looking at getting an used 2014 Aston Martin V12 N/A Vanquish. That said this new house is costing me a fortune so right now its just a dream.

Getting old and soft (not that way).

Hating those vehicles with 'lots of leg room' but while you lay flat on your back, it strains your neck muscles if you can actually still see the road. default_smile.png

This is why SUVs are destroying sedan sales in N.America. Back problems.

Sent using Tapatalk

I just love my 2002 Chevy, with a bit more than 253,000 miles on it -- it's in great shape (none of the rust holes go all the way through yet, and it almost always starts, even when it's 36 degrees below zero (F) here).  The A/C doesn't work any more, but that doesn't seem it'll be a problem this year (don't think we're gonna have summer this year) -- and the driver's side window doesn't open any more, but that just means it's harder for mosquitoes to get in.  And I bet my car insurance is a WHOLE lot cheaper than all y'all's too! :-)

1 hour ago, mwester said:

I just love my 2002 Chevy, with a bit more than 253,000 miles on it -- it's in great shape (none of the rust holes go all the way through yet, and it almost always starts, even when it's 36 degrees below zero (F) here).  The A/C doesn't work any more, but that doesn't seem it'll be a problem this year (don't think we're gonna have summer this year) -- and the driver's side window doesn't open any more, but that just means it's harder for mosquitoes to get in.  And I bet my car insurance is a WHOLE lot cheaper than all y'all's too! :-)

I got 235,000 km on my Camry without changing the oil even once, or replacing any parts. Got a decent buck when I traded them in too. :)

I love my 2006 Honda Odyssey … it's taken so much beating throughout the years and still running like a champ. A loyal steed indeed. This said, please don't get me wrong, I'll take a Bentley, Austin Martin, Ferrari, and Lamborghini any time. That is, of course, if I don't have to pay for it, CA Tax, and insurance: may be as a gift from @Scottmichaelj :) 

With kind regards,
Michel

13 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

I love my 2006 Honda Odyssey … it's taken so much beating throughout the years and still running like a champ. A loyal steed indeed. This said, please don't get me wrong, I'll take a Bentley, Austin Martin, Ferrari, and Lamborghini any time. That is, of course, if I don't have to pay for it, CA Tax, and insurance: may be as a gift from @Scottmichaelj :) 

With kind regards,
Michel

Now I own a 2017 Honda CR-V with the best economical engine yet....1500 CC. :)

26 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

With kind regards,
Michel

Michel, I like your priorities !  My wife has her mind set on a Bentley but unless we win de Powerball or (G'd Forbid) she changes husband, it will remain a wish and she will have to do with her Nissan Roque.

6 minutes ago, asbril said:

Michel, I like your priorities !  My wife has her mind set on a Bentley but unless we win de Powerball or (G'd Forbid) she changes husband, it will remain a wish and she will have to do with her Nissan Roque.

But my 3 year old grandson likes trucks

IMG_1226.jpg

30 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

With kind regards,
Michel

I have a 2006 Ody.... 300K+ on it now... still running strong.  Although I love those fast cars.... the road to my house would KILL them fast with their low clearance... I have Jeep's! :)

So my “daily driver” is a Ford Edge but on the weekends and special occasions I drive the “other” car

c8e8b14e1215e314943d953095789a19.jpg

This is the Lamborghini Urus. I was the first to take delivery of one in the 5 PNW states last November. There are about 10 total right now and I have the only red one.

7c8ef3ede3abdba0d5ce395d448b5e8f.jpg

This thing is a beast. AWD, All wheel steering, V8 twin turbo 640 HP engine, largest production ceramic rotors with 6 pistons for the front. 0-60 in 3.2 seconds - for a SUV that weighs 4900 lbs! Its the fastest production SUV in the world, tops out about 190 MPH.

I can’t even explain how amazing it is. I have let a few of my close friends drive it and all have smiles from ear to ear when they get out. If I can’t share it with my friends why have it right!? I am not one of those super pretentious exotic owners.

More about the Urus:

https://www.caranddriver.com/lamborghini/urus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Urus

19 hours ago, larryllix said:

Hating those vehicles with 'lots of leg room' but while you lay flat on your back, it strains your neck muscles if you can actually still see the road. default_smile.png

Thats so pedestrian, I don't need to strain my neck muscles, Jeeves, my personal driver, drives me everywhere. lol 

What happened to that burnt orange colour you liked so much? I hated it but ended up with a CR-V in almost the same colour. 'Molten Lava'. Through certain store window glass it appears totally orange and I want take the plates off it, throw the starting dongle on the seat,  and walk away. :) Other days it's appears as a subdued (sub-dude?) red, and I like it once again.

See if I ever listen to you again, about cars or women! :).

Archived