Multiple isy's, multiple Echo's, and in multiple cities

GreyFox

I have two houses that are hundreds of miles apart. Each house has an isy 994i, and each house has multiple echos and dots. I have just registered the second isy. I only have a single Amazon account with which the echos/dots are registered. My question is whether or not I need to change this to having multiple Amazon accounts in order to differentiate which isy that I am attempting to manage with the echos/dots. What do I need to do? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

So the wiki link you provided ends up with 2 homes, each with their own ISY and echo devices... all being controlled together. So for example, you need to differentiate between house1's kitchen lights and house2's kitchen lights.

How do you have 2 houses, each with their own isy and echos... that are independent? Or mostly independent?

I *think* you'll need two amazon accounts. And you'll need to put each ISY on its own sub-account in the portal. With ISYs all in sub-accounts, can you still use the main account to create commands that work on both? For example, if I'm in house1 I'd like to be able to change house2's temperature but I don't really care about being able to turn on any of the lights.

I don't believe that you can create a "degree" of separation, the devices are either completely independent or they are not.

BTW, having access to the lights doesn't mean that you must use that access.

You can do that by giving each kitchen light a unique name. Or if you set up two accounts on one Echo account (not two portal accounts), then you can decide which one is active at any time from either location. See: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201628040

Archived