two ISYs, one PLM, what to do?

linuxguy

A month or so ago I replaced my faithful ISY-26 with an ISY-99i. Just changed the ISY, didn't touch the PLM. The changeover was smooth and painless, and I am now happily running 2.7.0 on the 99. Now I'm thinking I'd like to upgrade the 26 (from 2.6.8) to 2.7.0 (just to have a more up-to-date "standby" ISY). Question is, with only one PLM, will all the swapping around (from 99 to 26 and finally back to 99 again) get me into trouble? I'd rather have a "stale" 26 than a PLM problem. My PLM is about 18 months old, and runs FW 52.

Thanks,

Hi LG,

You should not have any problems as long as you have not done a Restore Devices/Restore PLM on your 99 (assuming that you used your 26 backup and restored it into your 99).

With kind regards,

Michel

A month or so ago I replaced my faithful ISY-26 with an ISY-99i. Just changed the ISY, didn't touch the PLM. The changeover was smooth and painless, and I am now happily running 2.7.0 on the 99. Now I'm thinking I'd like to upgrade the 26 (from 2.6.8) to 2.7.0 (just to have a more up-to-date "standby" ISY). Question is, with only one PLM, will all the swapping around (from 99 to 26 and finally back to 99 again) get me into trouble? I'd rather have a "stale" 26 than a PLM problem. My PLM is about 18 months old, and runs FW 52.

Thanks,

Archived