Scene buttons as indicator lights for single device

mikes8500

Hi I'm getting started with the ISY 994 was using Houselinc before.  I'm trying to set up the following as I had it before with Houselinc but I'm not sure of the right way to go.

I have a 8 button keypadlinc dimmer by my front door that controls the living room downlights and button C controls a table lamp plugged into an outletlinc.  Next to it I have a Switchlinc dimmer that controls some pendants in the living room.  I set up a scene where button B on the keypadlinc turns them all on and off.  I'd like to set it so that turning on the Switchlinc for the pendants also lights up button B for the all on scene on the Keypadlinc and also in another location on a keypadlinc (upstairs).  Also I'd like that when one device is on and that scene button is lit, pressing it turns that one device or anything else connected to that scene off.

Thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike, welcome to the UDI forums!

Groups of insteon lights and buttons are controlled together by scenes. So you'll want to create a scene (Link Management menu in the admin console, last choice on the menu) that includes the buttons you want to light up in the scene with the switches. If the the buttons that light up are also expected to turn the lights back off, include them as a controller when you add them to the scene.

If you have programs that control these too, then use "Set scene" on and off, and not control the devices directly. It takes a little practice, but you'll get it)

Paul

Well, thought I had it.  To describe it better, I have a group of devices Keypadlincs and switchlincs that I want to control with one button on a keypadlinc.  I made a scene with that button as controller and all the devices as responders, which works.

I'd like it so that when I turn any one of the devices locally, the previously mentioned group button lights up.  I created separate scenes for each device with the device as controller and button as responder.

Unfortunately if I have multiple devices on, shutting one off locally while the others are still on causes the button to turn off.  I'd like the button to stay lit until the last device is turned off.

Well, thought I had it.  To describe it better, I have a group of devices Keypadlincs and switchlincs that I want to control with one button on a keypadlinc.  I made a scene with that button as controller and all the devices as responders, which works.

I'd like it so that when I turn any one of the devices locally, the previously mentioned group button lights up.  I created separate scenes for each device with the device as controller and button as responder.

Unfortunately if I have multiple devices on, shutting one off locally while the others are still on causes the button to turn off.  I'd like the button to stay lit until the last device is turned off.

Sounds like you might have missed the "Controllers' part of the setup advice.

Archived