Floor Plan

I use the Floor Plan option  

8 members have voted

1. 1. I use the Floor Plan option

• Never
    • Sometimes but reluctantly (I have no other option)
    • Sometimes and I like it
    • Always

Hi art,

Floorplan feature has not been worked on for at least 2.5 years now. As sfhutchi noted, this feature is going to be removed since, basically, there's really no need for it using folders. The only client that used to use it was the IES Touchscreen.

We are working on a dashboard which should have a better more configurable visualization of your environment.

With kind regards,

Michel

• 2 years later...

Well, having learned a thing or two recently on the rest interface and subscriptions. Maybe we should make a community effort to develop a real design specification, and from there perhaps, we can make an html 5 compliant one so it works on everything we are likely to use for a few years.

Alan

So for me, I want a floor plan that I can customize with real numbers for layout dimensions, place light switches lamps etc (so an icon library) in their actual positions, interact with those items. E.g. clicking on a light flips states. Pressing or dragging the light up or down brightens or dims the light (e.g. gestures)

It would be nice to be able to right click the devices and get a list of all scenes, groups it is in, all programs it is used in etc.

Maybe 3d rotatable, pinch to zoom in and out, etc.

Who else has dreams of floor plan nirvana? Anyone have screen shots of others out there?

Hi arw01,

I love the idea and you would find us ready to help and contribute as much as possible. In short, Admin Console uses the same services/REST as defined in WSDK. So, it would be great to have a community driven effort for a nicer UI and other features for ISY.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thank you Michel. It was that very usage that encouraged me to even suggest it. While getting my head around the perl_util library that Jeffrey wrote, I noticed all the commands to add nodes, add programs, etc and then saw the wireshark mention about watching the admin console use the rest interface itself to control the ISY.

Perhaps a few dozen will jump on the band wagon here.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
Well, having learned a thing or two recently on the rest interface and subscriptions. Maybe we should make a community effort to develop a real design specification, and from there perhaps, we can make an html 5 compliant one so it works on everything we are likely to use for a few years.

Alan

So for me, I want a floor plan that I can customize with real numbers for layout dimensions, place light switches lamps etc (so an icon library) in their actual positions, interact with those items. E.g. clicking on a light flips states. Pressing or dragging the light up or down brightens or dims the light (e.g. gestures)

It would be nice to be able to right click the devices and get a list of all scenes, groups it is in, all programs it is used in etc.

Maybe 3d rotatable, pinch to zoom in and out, etc.

Who else has dreams of floor plan nirvana? Anyone have screen shots of others out there?

So, it sounds like you want the same functions and image capability that is in ekeypad, with the blueprint module. http://blog.ekeypad.net/screen-shots/blueprint-screens/

I just purchased the ekeypad pro and the blueprint, and imported my drawing from sweet home. So far, working great off of the ipad. But, i think it would take a lot of effort to mimic the same features directly from isy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
That's a great plan!!!

WebSockets is on the horizon.

Woot!

Does this mean the current method of ISY=>Client notifications is going away!

:soexcited:

Maybe my reverse HTTP proxy will work after all!

Hi Michael,

No, it just means that we can use WebSockets for persistent connections. Therefore, you still need to subscribe and you still need to listen to the socket.

With kind regards,

Michel

Oh well... My joy was short lived. :(

LOL ... and why so?

We need persistent sockets so I am not sure how else you would communicate subscription requests.

With kind regards,

Michel

At the risk of reviving an old thread - websockets can be reverse-proxied. The current method used by the admin GUI (opening a local TCP socket, sending it to the ISY as part of the subscription request and having the ISY connect back to the client) is both firewall unfriendly and it's not possible to access the ISY thru a proxy server with full functionality. From what I can tell, this is based on a now-deprecated standard.

Websockets solve both of these - so my hope was websockets could be implemented for admin GUI to ISY communication (or more precisely ISY => GUI notification I guess). It could be extended for real time status in the HTTP interface (when using a supported browser) for real time device status in a browser. Third parties would also be able to utilize it and (best of all) I suspect it could be implemented in parallel to your current persistent connection solution - so third party solutions are not rendered broken.