OpenADR in which devices?

iicdev

We will use the ISY as the certified OpenADR device in our BMS installations in mid-sized commercial buildings. Currently we won't use any of the device protocols & will interact with OpenADR via REST API. Sorry, we're just starting the ISY hardware part of the project and are not clear:

• Is the ISY994 PRO-ADR the right model, ordered only directly from Universal Devices?
  • Can we add Zigbee PRO to that later? Or how would we order ADR + Zigbee PRO on a box without the tstats in the bundles on the /sales page?
  • It looks like a given ISY994 PRO-ADR box is locked in with production or test certificates at time of purchase?
  • Anything else we should know for this use case?

Thanks for the help!  

You may want to look at the ADR information in the UDI Wiki as a start.

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#OpenADR

I don't believe there is a special ADR model. My ISY994i Pro shows an ADR section in the Administrative Console.

My Basic ISY994i with no added features and no installed modules. Firmware 4.5.4. Shows a section for ADR.

We will use the ISY as the certified OpenADR device in our BMS installations in mid-sized commercial buildings. Currently we won't use any of the device protocols & will interact with OpenADR via REST API. Sorry, we're just starting the ISY hardware part of the project and are not clear:

• Is the ISY994 PRO-ADR the right model, ordered only directly from Universal Devices?
  • Can we add Zigbee PRO to that later? Or how would we order ADR + Zigbee PRO on a box without the tstats in the bundles on the /sales page?
  • It looks like a given ISY994 PRO-ADR box is locked in with production or test certificates at time of purchase?
  • Anything else we should know for this use case?

Thanks for the help!  

There are a number of consumer users using the ADR product to query their AMI meters for their own homes with the SEP card. There is not a large number of consumer users using the Zigbee radio and that card for Thermostats.

This forum generally represents the consumer side, UDI also has a commercial side targeting power management.

It would be worth calling UDI and discussing your requirements or sending a request. Both are on the link. They are very responsive and knowledgeable (@Michel Kohanim)

Paul

Archived