switches respond from console but not programs

tcoates

I have been using my ISY for many years and upgraded to the ISY994i a year to so ago,  replaced the PLM less than a year ago.  Everything seems to work.  

in the past 3 months,  my 2466s v.2c relay switch and and 2466D v4.1 dimmer  will not respond to my program.  They are both in the same room and control patio lights (LEDS) .  There is a IF THEN clause that turns on several lights at sundown and another that turns them off after sunrise.  

All of the other lights respond properly to the IF statements ...  except the two in the living room.  If i select them from the ADMIN CONSOLE,  they respond perfectly.  They just do not respond if triggered by the timed IF statements ... 

Anyone have any ideas?   i am out ..  

thanks

Tom

Sorry .. had trouble getting back into the forum ..   

I posted the program that is supposed to turn lights off in th AM  below ..   i just got home today,  and see that the porch lights are off .. the program "Sunrise off"  had the the last line referring to a scene added when i left a couple of days ago.  So minus this line,  it didn't work .. the  "Front Porch" and "Side Patio" stay on all the day and night,  the others turned off as they should.      

Before i f=left town,  i added the all these to a scene  called "Sunset Lights Off"   and executed it as well ..  this seems to have worked.  Will see tonight / Tomorrow  if they come on and go off properly again ..     Since the Scene contains lines 1-4 of the THEN statement,  the last line is redundant.  Remember lines 1-2 work without being in a scene at the same time,  3-4 do not ..   when line 5 executes, all lights are out at the end

Sunrise OFF - [iD 0004][Parent 0001]

If
        Time is Sunrise + 10 minutes

Then
        Set 'Backyard 17.EC.8C.1' Off
        Set 'Back Patio 05.77.4E.1' Off
        Set 'Front porch 0D.61.19.1' Off
        Set 'Side Patio 40.83.34' Off
        Set Scene 'Sunset Lights' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Just to make sure the over night lights get turned off

I apologize for the repetition above ..  assuming the above works,   i would like to understand why ..  some lights have to be in a scene and others do not .. 

Thanks for your time ... 

I see nothing wrong with the program.  It should work, in my estimation, without the scene.  Normally, I understand direct commands are more robust than a scene.

You could certainly temporarily add some wait states between each to see if lilyoyo1's theory checks out.  I suppose it might be a link record issue, but this seems unlikely since they individually work from the admin panel.

There seems to be a lot of talk about PLM failures.  Perhaps that is a possibility here, but I have no idea how to determine that.

Otherwise, I am running out of explanations.

What oberkc posted above.

If there are any hiccoughs on the Insteon port protocol some signal buffer can get overwritten. I have two units that ISY complains cannot be communicated with (despite being disabled). Including them in a list of devices to be controlled, fails the control of any device controls following for the next 5-7 seconds, whie the Insteon signals go through so many retries, and echo of retries.

What Techman said.

Insteon protocol is supposed to play nice with other device signals and wait for completion of protocol. I think we have situations where Insteon isn't following it's own rules and clobbers previous signals before all the ACKs and echoes are done. This may be newer device's firmware, or a change in the Insteon PLM port driver logic. I don't remember ever havng trouble with this before the last year or so. (v5.0.10 here). Insteon protocol is tooted to avoid thisn problem. Add a few "Wait 1-2 second"s every couple of lines, especially after large scenes.

Thanks to everyone for your comments.  Especially, it sounds like I may not be totally nuts!  The program seems like it should work, and in fact does for the back porch and back yard,  but not the front of the house.  Note that other programs for different lights do work in the front of the house.

So, adding the scene, as i indicated,  seems to have fixed the problem !!   i do not understand why it was necessary,  but it is working so i will leave as it is ..   Like the rest of you,  if i insist in  understanding this, i can kiss off too many hours over the next weeks just to prove i can beat the ())#& computer.

Thanks again .. really appreciated.    if i do figure it out,  i will post.

Tom

Archived