ISY Setup with Access point

Moshe

Hi Moshe, welcome to our forum.

Before I had an ISY I had software that used a PLC. The PLC is basically a PLM with some additional RAM to store a few timers. My communications were 100%.

When I changed to the ISY with a PLM I began to experience comm failures. Perhaps it's not the best way to do things but I plugged an AccessPoint right into the PLM and re-synced the 2nd AP. I was surprised that I had to move AP#2 to a different circuit. That was it, back to 100%.

I've been using it that way for nearly two years now (with several different PLMs) with no problems.

Rand

Thanks Rand. I was using an ICON PLC for about 2 years. Everything was working great. Around the end of the year everything went south. (I have no idea why)

About a month ago I upgraded to an ISY 99i Pro and have been chasing communication problems. I now piggy back the PLM with the AP, and my communications seem to be at 100%.

Thanks again

Thanks Rand. I was using an ICON PLC for about 2 years. Everything was working great. Around the end of the year everything went south. (I have no idea why)

That could be a cause for concern. Did you add a new TV or PC? Sometimes even small devices can introduce noise. Of course it could be the PLC had a heart attack. With the ability to program a PLC comes some risk.

About a month ago I upgraded to an ISY 99i Pro and have been chasing communication problems. I now piggy back the PLM with the AP, and my communications seem to be at 100%.

Thanks again

That's good to hear!

Rand

Archived