Motion Sensors

sfhutchi

With all the major improvements with the current program functionality, I am about ready to add some motion sensors. It seems that there are two routes. One is to use the EZIO Wireless Sensor Receiver for $135 + $90 sensors... or the $20 per sensor X10 route.

Since I have no other X10 products in my house, I am wondering about the reliability. Anyone doing this with their current 'Insteon' setup?

Hi,

I am using two 20$ X 10 sensors in two separate rooms. There is a one to two second delay before the lights react, but it is workable. It is very reliable since I have plugged the receiver directly into the through plug of the PLM attached to the ISY.

• 4 weeks later...

For the cost, I would definitely at least try the X10 route. I don't believe the delay is avoidable but I think in most cases 1-2 seconds is not critical.

I have one activating a floodlight, however, it is to an X10 wall switch module, so that does not address Insteon compatibility. I have another in a hallway which does send a signal to ISY to turn on room lights, and so far that has worked reliably. With X10, it's all about the phases. I have some other X10 applications that do not work very well, hoping the new PLM will help.

jgraziano,

Unfortunately, we do not have official (or otherwise) support for EZxxx devices. At the moment, X10 motion sensors are the only ones that can be supported.

With kind regards,

Michel

For the cost, I would definitely at least try the X10 route. I don't believe the delay is avoidable but I think in most cases 1-2 seconds is not critical.

I have one activating a floodlight, however, it is to an X10 wall switch module, so that does not address Insteon compatibility. I have another in a hallway which does send a signal to ISY to turn on room lights, and so far that has worked reliably. With X10, it's all about the phases. I have some other X10 applications that do not work very well, hoping the new PLM will help.

Archived