IOLinc garage kit troubles

petesc2

I need some help with ISY and the IOLinc garage kit. The fact that queries do not provide the status of the sensor is a known issue, and I've given up on resolution for the time being, since UD says it is a firmware issue, and SH says they don't have a problem with ISY 2.6.13 and above.

I don't have any links set up with the IOLinc, just control via ISY as follows:

Garage Door Status

If

Status 'Garage-IOL-Sen-GarageDoor' is Off

And Status 'Garage-IOL-Sen-GarageDoor' is not On

Then

Send Notification to All

Wait 25 minutes

Enable Program 'Garage Door Control'

Run Program 'Garage Door Control' (If)

Else

- No Action

Garage Door Control

If

Program 'Garage Door Status' is True

And Status 'Garage-IOL-Sen-GarageDoor' if Off

Then

// Use Garage-IOL-Rel-GarageDoor to close door, not yet implemented

Send Notification to All

Disable Program 'Garage Door Control'

Else

Send Notification to All

Disable Program 'Garage Door Control'

This program seemed to work ok initially. It would send a message when the door opens, then send another after 25 minutes. If the door is closed before the 25 minute expiry, second message is not sent. However, while I'm away on travel, I get a text message at 5am that the door is open, then another 25 minutes later. You can imagine the anxiety that results. It turned out to be a false alarm, and this was the exact reason I didn't put the control for the relay in the program just yet.

Is there something wrong with the logic of the program? Is there something wrong with the sensor status reporting? How can I make this 100% reliable so it can be put into actual use?

So here's a new finding. The alert text message was triggered at the 5AM daily query all. Apparently the sensor status came back Off, starting the THEN branch and enabling the Garage Door Control program, which also came back with a Off. Now I have a few questions...

1. I'm confused about the initial setting of the sensor. If the garage magnetic sensor is in contact (door closed), or the water sensor is wet, and the set button is pressed in that state when linking with the ISY, does it trigger an On or Off?

2. To create a program that detects status change from door closed to door open, does one use:

If

Assuming Off is magnetic sensor not in contact?

I have a feeling this has something to do with the current behavior. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello petesc2,

Before we delve deeper, what version of ISY firmware are you on? Querying the status of the sensor should be OK as long as you have not turned on/off the relay. That's where all the issues come from. So, for best performance, you might need two IOLincs: use one as a sensor and the other as a relay (or, we'll have to wait for a fix from SH).

With kind regards,

Michel

So here's a new finding. The alert text message was triggered at the 5AM daily query all. Apparently the sensor status came back Off, starting the THEN branch and enabling the Garage Door Control program, which also came back with a Off. Now I have a few questions...

1. I'm confused about the initial setting of the sensor. If the garage magnetic sensor is in contact (door closed), or the water sensor is wet, and the set button is pressed in that state when linking with the ISY, does it trigger an On or Off?

2. To create a program that detects status change from door closed to door open, does one use:

If

Assuming Off is magnetic sensor not in contact?

I have a feeling this has something to do with the current behavior. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Michel,

I'm at 2.7.2 right now. I was eagerly awaiting 2.7.3 before finding out the IOLinc firmware issue. SH tech support has not addressed it yet, instead saying it works for them on ISY firmware 2.6.13 or better. I have a feeling this might not be resolved for a while...

You're absolutely right about the status when turning on/off the relay. Since I'm starting the timer when the garage door opens, this is exactly where the issue comes from. Using 2 IOLincs is an expensive solution, but the only one for now I suppose... sigh.

On the other hand the leak sensor won't have this issue because the relay is not being used, right?

Peter

Archived