Polglot V2 CAO Wireless Tags Nodeserver

Jimbo.Automates

57 minutes ago, gviliunas said:

I just noticed that the battery level ( % ) parameter is blank for all of my tags

Hi,  I just rebooted my ISY, reloaded by AC and I'm now missing the battery level values as well.  The ISY is getting battery data (see screenshot of the event viewer -- CV value of 299), but it's not showing in the AC.

EDIT: It appears that the BATLVL value isn't seen in the data.  I'll watch for it and wait to see if it populates when the data changes.

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 11.52.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 11.55.52 AM.png

<!-- Tag 13 C -->
  <nodeDef id="wTag13C" nls="tag13">
    <editors />
    <sts>
      <st id="ST" editor="BOOL" /> <!-- Status, online? -->
      <st id="GPV" editor="I_TAGID" /> <!-- TagId (SlaveId) -->
      <st id="GV1" editor="I_TAGTYPE" /> <!-- TagType -->
      <st id="GV13" editor="I_INTEGER" /> <!-- Time -->
      <st id="GV14" editor="I_INTEGER" /> <!-- Seconds since update -->
      <st id="GV8" editor="BOOL" /> <!-- Out Of Range -->
      <st id="CC" editor="SIGDBM" /> <!-- signaldBm -->
      <st id="ALARM" editor="I_EVST" /> <!-- Event State -->
      <st id="GV7" editor="I_LIT" /> <!-- Light -->
      <st id="CLITEMP" editor="I_TEMP_C" /> <!-- Temperature -->
      <st id="CLIHUM" editor="I_HUM" />
      <st id="BATLVL" editor="BATLVL" /> <!-- Battery Percentage -->
      <st id="CV" editor="FLOAT" /> <!-- Battery Voltage -->
      <st id="GV2" editor="I_MOTION" /> <!-- Motion -->
      <st id="GV3" editor="FLOAT" /> <!-- Orientation -->
      <st id="GV4" editor="FLOAT" /> <!-- X-Axis -->
      <st id="GV5" editor="FLOAT" /> <!-- Y-Axis -->
      <st id="GV6" editor="FLOAT" /> <!-- Z-Axis -->
      <st id="GV9" editor="I_TMST" /> <!-- Temperature State -->
      <st id="GV10" editor="I_CPST" /> <!-- Moisture State -->
    </sts>
    <cmds>
      <sends />
      <accepts>
        <cmd id="SET_LIGHT">
          <p id="" editor="I_LIT" init="GV7" />
        </cmd>
        <cmd id="SET_URL_CONFIG" />
        <cmd id="QUERY" />
      </accepts>
    </cmds>
  </nodeDef>

Okay, I just forced a test of the battery level in one of my tags by replacing a battery.  The "Battery Level" value did not populate, while the "Battery Voltage" value updated.  Given that, it appears that the OP is correct.

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 2.13.36 PM.png

On 10/13/2019 at 11:06 AM, gviliunas said:

Battery Level parameter is blank for all Tags

I just noticed that the battery level ( % ) parameter is blank for all of my tags. Previously, I have used this parameter to report low battery levels in the tags via ISY programs.  ISY is now reporting low battery in all the tags. The admin console shows battery voltage  present as are the other parameters. The other parameters seem to be updating properly. Just Battery Level is blank.

Tried to download a log but nothing happens when I click to download the log or log package.

Tried to Query the tags individually and tried a Discover  in the tag manager page. Finally, restarted Polyglot and ISY - No change in symptoms

I recently upgraded to:

Polyglot v2.2.3,   Wireless Tag NS v2.0.9,    ISY 5.0.16

Fixed in 2.0.10, should be in the store within an hour.  https://github.com/jimboca/udi-wirelesstag-poly#upgrading

I really like the sounds of these little sensors and setting them up through ISY.  I am curious though if anyone here can post some "use case" info for them....in other words, how many do you have and what are you using them for?  Might give me some additional ideas beyond simply wanting to measure temp and humidity in my bedroom for example.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ulrick65 said:

I really like the sounds of these little sensors and setting them up through ISY.  I am curious though if anyone here can post some "use case" info for them....in other words, how many do you have and what are you using them for?  Might give me some additional ideas beyond simply wanting to measure temp and humidity in my bedroom for example.

Thanks.

Fridge door open too long and temperature deviation of fridge failure
Garage door open/closed detection plus garage temperature
Wine cellar temp and humidity control via ventilation
Vehicle nearby/ garage door left open notifications plus temperature in glove department.
Outside weather on cold wall and solar influenced wall for predictive thermostat overshoot, early shutdown, compensated by Lux detection with newer Tags
Router overheating
HVAC heating zone setup, overshoot detection, and thermostat calibration
HVAC duct temperature for air flow balancing
Humidistat sensor calibration between multiple units

8 hours ago, ulrick65 said:

Thanks.

In addition to Larry's list, I use the tags in my city waste bins (trash, recycle, yard) so I know when they have been picked up. The trucks vary their routes from time to time, and it saves a walk (or fall) down my steep driveway in the winter just to discover the truck is going to be later than usual.

10 hours ago, ulrick65 said:

Thanks.

Humidor temp/humidity/open/closed

Crawl space and attic temp/humidity 

Occupancy

Soil moisture content

BBQ internal temp

Lots of tags varieties and capabilities means that the limit is your imagination. There are ways to monitor all of the above with other devices and your ISY, but these work, are relatively inexpensive, have good range and battery life, and are relatively unobtrusive.  

1 minute ago, Bumbershoot said:

Humidor temp/humidity/open/closed

Crawl space and attic temp/humidity 

Occupancy

Soil moisture content

BBQ internal temp

Lots of tags varieties and capabilities means that the limit is your imagination. There are ways to monitor all of the above with other devices and your ISY, but these work, are relatively inexpensive, have good range and battery life, and are relatively unobtrusive.  

Can you elaborate on your occupancy usage?

Just now, larryllix said:

Can you elaborate on your occupancy usage?

Sure.  I use a PIR sensor in the master bathroom to start a timer for turning off the lights after a certain period of no occupancy. It also measures humidity and temp. There are a bunch of other capable devices for this purpose, but this little tag gets past the critical eye of the head interior designer of the house.  

I also use them to turn on the deck and back yard lighting when we let the dog out.  Lots of coyotes where I live...

27 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

Sure.  I use a PIR sensor in the master bathroom to start a timer for turning off the lights after a certain period of no occupancy. It also measures humidity and temp. There are a bunch of other capable devices for this purpose, but this little tag gets past the critical eye of the head interior designer of the house.  

I also use them to turn on the deck and back yard lighting when we let the dog out.  Lots of coyotes where I live...

Thanks. I forgot about the PIR sensor and have none.
Yeah, dogs don't do well against a pack of coyotes at night. Our cats did well up until last year one came home mangled and now a few have disappeared. The litter has grown though. We get them right in our side yard but blinking the lights makes them disappear for a few hours, so far. In the spring a fellow builder down the street had a stand-off with one during the daylight.

32 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

Which PIR sensor are you using

4 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Which PIR sensor are you using

PIR KumoSensor.  I've had them outside (though covered and out of the moisture) for over 18 months.  I only enable them during certain hours to save battery life.  They seem to do the job.  

13 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

PIR KumoSensor.  I've had them outside (though covered and out of the moisture) for over 18 months.  I only enable them during certain hours to save battery life.  They seem to do the job.  

Thanks. I've been wanting to try other sensors to see how they work

16 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Thanks. I've been wanting to try other sensors to see how they work

They're pretty good.  Maybe not quite as reliable as an entirely local solution Iike Z-Wave or Insteon, but I can't sell the Mrs. on placing those hulking big barnacles all over the house.  These are much more discreet, at least in her eyes.

13 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

They're pretty good.  Maybe not quite as reliable as an entirely local solution Iike Z-Wave or Insteon, but I can't sell the Mrs. on placing those hulking big barnacles all over the house.  These are much more discreet, at least in her eyes.

I'm wanting to go smaller as well. The some and fibaro units are probably the smallest but if I can get smaller it's even better.

10 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I'm wanting to go smaller as well. The some and fibaro units are probably the smallest but if I can get smaller it's even better.

I would NOT use these in a mission critical application, such as lighting a dark staircase upon occupancy, but I'm sure you understand that.

41 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

I would NOT use these in a mission critical application, such as lighting a dark staircase upon occupancy, but I'm sure you understand that.

I use my sensors mostly to turn stuff off vs turning them on. 

The few locations I automatically turn on are completely dark places like closets, my half baths, and flood lights

I'm getting the following error this morning after upgrading to the new Polyglot versions (both on the RPi version - 2.2.5, as well as on the Polisy version - 2.2.5):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/threading.py", line 926, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/threading.py", line 870, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "/var/polyglot/nodeservers/WirelessTag/wt_nodes/wTagManager.py", line 298, in _set_url_config_false
    self._set_url_config(force=False)
  File "/var/polyglot/nodeservers/WirelessTag/wt_nodes/wTagManager.py", line 312, in _set_url_config
    tag.set_url_config(force=force)
  File "/var/polyglot/nodeservers/WirelessTag/wt_nodes/wTag.py", line 246, in set_url_config
    param = def_param
NameError: name 'def_param' is not defined

EDIT: This does not appear to be a fatal error.  The nodeserver continues to run.

Archived