Insteon Siren 2868-222

smokegrub

39 minutes ago, smokegrub said:

I will be making the leap to v. 5 in a few weeks. I have tried unsuccessfully to determine if the Insteon Siren 2868-222 is now fully supported. I would appreciate a status.

This was in the release announcement for the 5.0.9 build:

0000371 - Full support for Insteon Siren 2868-222

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone know why these aren't supported?  I upgraded to 4.7.3 while troubleshooting a link to my ELK and suddenly my door bell stopped working.  

I use a relay from a button on the keypad at the gate to close the remote relay and trigger the buzzer.  Other than being a bit loud it worked fine for over a year, and with the new update it shows as "unsupported device"  

Why would UDI drop a device that had been working?

On 6/23/2018 at 10:32 AM, Westnedge said:

I also bought the 2868-222 Siren and I'm at v.4.6.2.  I believe this is the current build.  Is the v.5 you mentioned a beta version?  My siren isn't supported with v.4.6.2.

I upgraded to 4.7.3 and the siren is not supported.  A little afraid to update to a beta but since the siren is my only door bell, here goes nothing....

Well it was nothing, at least so far.  IN 5.0.14(beta) the siren was found but has four functions that appear to be tied to the alarm only.  Ironically I still can't get the elk to communicate with the ISY.

With 4.6.1 and older, I had it set up so when the relay closed the siren sounded a chime.  I have found the chime feature, but I can't trigger it with a scene or a program that I have figured out.

If I do, I'll post it.

• 6 months later...

Somewhere in the forum there is a post from UDI that indicates there would be no new Insteon devices (such as the siren) for the 4.x.x firmware series (which would mean more releases in the series), so the 5.x.x series is required.  Sorry, but I haven't found the specific post...

• 2 months later...

Archived