"Web Timeout" parameter - Venstar

telljcl

Is this parameter (which is currently at the default 5 seconds on my Venstars) how long Nodelink waits for a response from the Venstar after an ISY command, or how long it waits on the Venstar for each repetitive polling event from Nodelink ("Poll Rate" I assume, which I have at 30 seconds) - or is it how long it waits for either to be confirmed or responded to in some way?

I ask because I get a fair amount of "Venstar Get Error: Timeout" errors in my Nodelink window. I've reduced the number by changing some WiFi parameters, but I'm still trying to improve things on a particular 'stat, and assume this is why that stat shows more of these errors than the others generally?

Thanks!

I set my Web Timeout to 10 seconds as the maximum time the Node will wait for a response. Both my Venstar T7900s do not respond within 5 seconds a few times per day unfortunately. 10 seconds allowance catches almost all responses and I don't see a timeout, except where my furthest unit fades off the Wifi signal from my main router occasionally.

My second (closer)  router makes this signal dropout almost non-existence, with maybe a failure to comm once per month. This Venstar is under the heavy staircase framing lumber mounted on the back of a 3/4" medium density garbage board that seems to block the signal from the main router.

For my ecobees I am using 15 seconds. They are cloud based responses and can be very slow.

21 hours ago, larryllix said:

I set my Web Timeout to 10 seconds as the maximum time the Node will wait for a response. Both my Venstar T7900s do not respond within 5 seconds a few times per day unfortunately. 10 seconds allowance catches almost all responses and I don't see a timeout, except where my furthest unit fades off the Wifi signal from my main router occasionally.

My second (closer)  router makes this signal dropout almost non-existence, with maybe a failure to comm once per month. This Venstar is under the heavy staircase framing lumber mounted on the back of a 3/4" medium density garbage board that seems to block the signal from the main router.

For my ecobees I am using 15 seconds. They are cloud based responses and can be very slow.

Thanks

Archived