IOLinc not responding but I can control it ?

Waketech

All,

I have an IOLinc that is not responding (as per message when I open the console and red acclimation mark), however I can still control it.  Any ideas ?.  I also tried to right click and restore the device but this did not work either.

35 minutes ago, Waketech said:

All,

I have an IOLinc that is not responding (as per message when I open the console and red acclimation mark), however I can still control it.  Any ideas ?.  I also tried to right click and restore the device but this did not work either.

Each aspect of an Insteon device can be a separate link. In the admin console there is a feature to download links from any device and then a compare button to check them against what ISY thinks should be there. Or you can just right click on the device in the admin console device tree and select "restore".

Battery devices have to be in linking mode first before doing any of the above. It's a battery saving feature they have.

You may want to try .

Tools

Diagnostics

Show Device Links Table. Picking the I/OLinc in question.

After the links are displayed. There is a choice to compare what is found to what the links in the ISY table knows should be there.

If it does not respond. You may want to open the Event Viewer.  Set to level 3. Pick the module out in the Administrative Console and do a query of the module. The event viewer will have what messages sent and received back from the module. That may give a clue also.

Try a power cycle reset.

Unplug it for fifteen seconds and power it back up. See if anything has changed.

If the LED near the set button comes on for a short while and the goes out again. It probably has a power supply issue. As it uses the same switching power supply IC as the 2413 PLM and may have the same capacitor issues.

The Green LED near the terminal strip is the sensor On or Off indicator. It maybe out if the sensor is off. The LED next to the set button should be on dim if the relay is Off or bright if the relay is On. It should not be completely out.

1 hour ago, Waketech said:

I looked at the device quickly when leaving and noticed the green LED was no longer on, does this mean it's NFG ?

The green led shows the status of the device, i.e. on or off

The IOLincs are powerline only devices. If you have interference on the powerline it could affect the ability to communicate.

As PaulBates suggested do a factory reset and restore device.  If that doesn't work then try locating the IOLinc close to a dual band device for test purposes.

Lastly, there's always the remote possibility that the IOLinc took a trip South.

17 hours ago, Brian H said:

You may want to try .

Tools

Diagnostics

Show Device Links Table. Picking the I/OLinc in question.

After the links are displayed. There is a choice to compare what is found to what the links in the ISY table knows should be there.

If it does not respond. You may want to open the Event Viewer.  Set to level 3. Pick the module out in the Administrative Console and do a query of the module. The event viewer will have what messages sent and received back from the module. That may give a clue also.

Ok so I tried the device links and got the error "failed reading device link (name) [-200000/-5]"

And on the level 3 I got this

Tue 06/26/2018 09:52:24 PM : [All ] Writing 0 bytes to devices
4 hours ago, Techman said:

The green led shows the status of the device, i.e. on or off

The IOLincs are powerline only devices. If you have interference on the powerline it could affect the ability to communicate.

As PaulBates suggested do a factory reset and restore device.  If that doesn't work then try locating the IOLinc close to a dual band device for test purposes.

Lastly, there's always the remote possibility that the IOLinc took a trip South.

Tried the factory reset and then restore device and nothing

1 hour ago, Waketech said:

Tried the factory reset and then restore device and nothing

The error message is a Driver error. Not sure what would cause this error. You might try uninstalling it from the ISY, do a factory reset again, then try to reinstall it.

It's possible the device failed. What's the 4 digit date code and version number on the device sticker?

13 minutes ago, Waketech said:

So I see that you can remove the device from the folder but is that actually deleting it ?

If you right click on a device and then click on delete it will remove all the device's links in both the ISY and the PLM, as if the device never existed. If the device is in a folder you have to remove the device from a folder before deleting it.

If you have any programs or scenes that included the device then the device will also be removed from them as well.

If you want to reinstall the device it's best to do a factory reset before again linking it to the ISY

16 minutes ago, Waketech said:

So I finally got around to deleting the device, however this time when I signed on the icons show a green arrow/triangle as per below...

image.png.413473becf3674230ffa618ebbd4b36c.png

What do these mean ?

The "1011" symbolises binary code to be written to the ioLink. ISY is trying to update the data and can't or hasn't yet.

Right click  on the device and select Restore. Write Updates (See PB below)

If this doesn't clear it up then you have a communications problem.

I trust you factory reset this device before linking to your ISY?
This always needs to be done, when new,  to avoid many problems.

There is configuration information from the ISY that didn't get written to the iolinc. Right-click on either of those items and and click "write updates" from the menu that is presented.

Sometimes devices in garages are further away in terms of wire-feet and its hard for the PLM to finish the write updates. Because the iolinc is single band this can make it harder. If you still have problems, trying temporarily moving a dualband module like a lamplinc out on that circuit, finish the writes and move it back

10 minutes ago, Waketech said:

So I finally got around to deleting the device, however this time when I signed on the icons show a green arrow/triangle as per below...

image.png.413473becf3674230ffa618ebbd4b36c.png

What do these mean ?

Archived