Is there an Oracle?    (they bought Sun, but even on my new laptop it's still Sun)  or try searching for "Java" under AppData.  if you don't find anything try reinstalling Java...  (the problem when I had it a few months ago was on my old laptop and there was plenty of crap from prior versions of java hanging around.)

Edited by MrBill
9 minutes ago, aLf said:

Changing the call to 1024 didn't do anything either.

My only suggestion would be to start all over. Restart your computer, download Java, clear the cache, download 'Start"..... and hope for the best

1 hour ago, aLf said:

Rats.  I just tried turning off the Norton firewall and it did nothing either.

you might try: https://java.com/en/download/help/manual_regedit.xml

Major Geeks also has a 3rd party tool that's supposed to clean up anfter java issues.  use at your own risk, I generally trust MajorGeeks tho https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/java_uninstall_tool.html

Edited by MrBill

Uninstalled the entire Java again, deleted all the "SUN" files and rebooted the computer.  Reinstalled Java, deleted cache, and retried the "START.jnlp", still no luck.  The screen comes up with the usual Java warning, I accept it and hit OK and the screen flashes like it installed and nothing on the desktop.  I did look at the start menu and there is no ISY or UD app listed.

I give up...

32 minutes ago, aLf said:

I did look at the start menu and there is no ISY or UD app listed.

When that happened to me,. I downloaded 'Start" into "Documents"  rather than the "Download" folder.  I don't know why, but it worked for me.

Can't tell from a quick review of this thread for the last day or so if this is the same problem I encountered, but I discovered that my missing ISY Finder dialog box was opened by the ISY Launcher (an instance appeared in the task manager), but it was located off-screen, so I couldn't see it. My computer is a laptop running W10 version 1909, and I have a 4K monitor hanging off it. If you have a similar setup, configure as follows:

(1) Right click on the screen and select "Display settings". Under "Rearrange your displays", make sure the smaller laptop screen is to the left of the larger screen, and dragged to the top-most position. Otherwise Item (3) below does not work.

(2) Under "Multiple displays" select Extend these displays.

(3) Make sure the laptop screen is physically open and visible, then click the ISY launcher icon on your desktop. For me, the ISY Finder dialog box always opens on the laptop screen, even if I designated the 4K monitor as my primary display, and even if the laptop lid was closed. I can drag it over to the 4K screen and it stays there for a while (minutes?, hours?, days?,--I never know), then it reverts to opening on the laptop screen. Probably when the cache is cleared somehow.

Maddening. Billionaires Gates, Ellison and Cook don't play nice with each other, and never will. That's why getting off Java is so important.

• 2 months later...

I updated my ISY version and my Java. As always, my administrative console icon on my desktop got eliminated in the clearing java cache, removing applets, etc. So now, when I run the admin.jnlp to restore things, I get the window below. When I select the top item, it just keeps re-appearing and I am unable to get the administrative console to appear or run. What do I need to do?

image.png

1 hour ago, GreyFox said:

I updated my ISY version and my Java. As always, my administrative console icon on my desktop got eliminated in the clearing java cache, removing applets, etc. So now, when I run the admin.jnlp to restore things, I get the window below. When I select the top item, it just keeps re-appearing and I am unable to get the administrative console to appear or run. What do I need to do?

image.png

You should be using the ISY Launcher. See this post:

24 minutes ago, GreyFox said:

I have done that. However, I do not get the choice of either the Administrative Console or the Dashboard. The app immediately opens up the Administrative Console for my local ISY994.

are you certain you're using the Launcher?  (it sounds like your just running the admin console directly) If you are you should see this from finder to choose "Admin Console" vs "Dashboard":

image.png.a5d34971ac74cc2a6fab3d22065ad4a1.png

Edited by MrBill
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, ctviggen1 said:

What are trouble shooting tips for "ISY finder: Not Found"?  One of my computers has found the ISY, but my "main" computer, the one I use almost all the time, cannot.  I've cleared the Java cache and reinstalled the Finder, but still get the error. 

It may very well be something different, but to be safe you should check whether the computer is on the same wifi network as the ISY.