19 minutes ago, asbril said:

It may very well be something different, but to be safe you should check whether the computer is on the same wifi network as the ISY.

Did you change ISY version and then (maybe) did not clear Java, download  (new) launcher on that computer ?

1 hour ago, ctviggen1 said:

What are trouble shooting tips for "ISY finder: Not Found"?  One of my computers has found the ISY, but my "main" computer, the one I use almost all the time, cannot.  I've cleared the Java cache and reinstalled the Finder, but still get the error. 

Here is the link to the troubleshooting guide in the Wiki:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Troubleshooting_Help

3 hours ago, ctviggen1 said:

What are trouble shooting tips for "ISY finder: Not Found"?  One of my computers has found the ISY, but my "main" computer, the one I use almost all the time, cannot.  I've cleared the Java cache and reinstalled the Finder, but still get the error. 

Be certain you are installing Launcher from the link at the top of this thread.  (I can't prove it but I think that somewhere there is a link that is incorrect which leads to problems, specifically use the launcher link in the first post of this thread.)

Not found problems can originate due to firewalls.  Also, is the problem computer windows or mac?   are you getting to the point the finder window shows, but doesn't show an ISY?  if so, try manually adding the ISY using the add button and see of you can then open the admin console.

• 3 weeks later...

Pulled my ISY994 out of the closet for a new project, and could not run the Admin console, so found this thread.  Could not run the Launcher, same results.  Using a Mac (Catalina), and current Java.  The application starts the Java banner and shows the “about” and “quit” menus, but never actually loads.  I did everything I could find to clear the cache, ensure permissions are correct, etc., but to no avail.

I hate to post, since the last time I had the issue Michel gave me a simple RTfM link that was spot-on and immediately solved the problem... but now I have read and re-read the manual and am stuck.  Any simple suggestions with the limited information?

Really looking forward to the day when Java is no longer required.

4 hours ago, peekay said:

Pulled my ISY994 out of the closet for a new project, and could not run the Admin console, so found this thread.  Could not run the Launcher, same results.  Using a Mac (Catalina), and current Java.  The application starts the Java banner and shows the “about” and “quit” menus, but never actually loads.  I did everything I could find to clear the cache, ensure permissions are correct, etc., but to no avail.

I hate to post, since the last time I had the issue Michel gave me a simple RTfM link that was spot-on and immediately solved the problem... but now I have read and re-read the manual and am stuck.  Any simple suggestions with the limited information?

Really looking forward to the day when Java is no longer required.

Did you try all of the steps listed here?

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Troubleshooting_Help

Personally, I've found that you need to use the admin console version specifically released for each version of ISY firmware. So, you might go find the admin console link for whatever version you're currently running, re-download that, and go from there. Example: I have one ISY on v5.2, and another on v5.3. I need to run different launchers for each, on a Mac with Mac OS 10.15, and yet the inner workings of those two releases are supposed to be the same, with one just being the "certified" version. I've no idea why, but have found matching the admin console version to the specific firmware release has worked.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 7:34 AM, DennisC said:

I gotta say, this is useless.  It needs to be in plain English, with explanations.

ISY Finder does not find ISY

• Open a terminal window
  • Type hostname on the command line and copy the results to the clipboard
  • Open /private/etc/hosts and make sure you have right below the first 127.0.0.1 listing:
  • 127.0.0.1 whatever-hostname-you-copied-in-step2

For instance, I have no idea how to "Open /private/etc/hosts".  None. Zero. Zilch.  I was able to search for "open a terminal window" and got that done.

Still can't find ISY.

Open /private/etc/hosts

They are asking you to use a text editor to edit a file names 'hosts' that is located in the /private/etc directory.  I don't know OSX, so not sure if that could be a hidden directory or located within your home directory or is relative to the root directory on the machine.  You'll need to poke around with Finder.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 9:02 PM, DennisC said:

Maybe the easiest thing for you to do is open a support ticket with UD. Explain that you need assistance completing these steps. They can assist you.

How do I do this?

I cannot get this to work.  It works -- sometimes. It worked for a bit, then stopped.   I've tried everything, downloading the version for my version (5.0.16), uninstalled so many times I can't count.  I need to get my UUID so I can upgrade my Zwave board too, but can't do that, as the launcher won't load.

Hmm...The "submit a ticket" link comes up with a "page not found". 

I will email.

I have tried this on two computers, neither can find the ISY, though I can get to it using HTTP.  I personally think the ISY 994i might be dying.

I get the same. The link is bad.

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2018 at 9:52 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello everyone,

Since we are getting into beta for 5.0.x, we decided to change ISY Finder such that it will figure out which version of the UI to use based on ISY's firmware. So, you don't have to keep reinstalling the Admin Console. Furthermore, you can launch the Dashboard from ISY Launcher.

Instructions:

1. Clear your Java Cache
2. Go to https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp
3. Click  on the desired ISY row and, from the menu, choose the Admin Console or the Dashboard

Limitations:

1. For additional instances, you need to start another instance of ISY Launcher
2. For 4.6.2 firmware and below, as well as 5.0.12 firmware and below, you will get the original ISY Finder when you lauch

Looking forward to your feedback.

With kind regards,
Michel

Michel, I am having problem getting into Admin from my MacOS11.1, ISY firmware 4.8, java 281.   I am wondering if these versions are somehow out of date with each other...particularly should my ISY firmware 4.8 work on this version of java or MacOS.

It has been about 1 years since I tried logging in and wondering if the old firmware does not work with the latest OS and JAVA??

ALSO I noticed that the direction talks about secure link using https and port 8226 but I do not remember why but mine secure port is 443.  Is this a source of potential problem of connecting to admin console?

Edited by joefly
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/29/2018 at 8:52 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello everyone,

Since we are getting into beta for 5.0.x, we decided to change ISY Finder such that it will figure out which version of the UI to use based on ISY's firmware. So, you don't have to keep reinstalling the Admin Console. Furthermore, you can launch the Dashboard from ISY Launcher.

Instructions:

1. Clear your Java Cache
2. Go to https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp
3. Click  on the desired ISY row and, from the menu, choose the Admin Console or the Dashboard

Limitations:

1. For additional instances, you need to start another instance of ISY Launcher
2. For 4.6.2 firmware and below, as well as 5.0.12 firmware and below, you will get the original ISY Finder when you lauch

Looking forward to your feedback.

With kind regards,
Michel

I get "blocked because this type of file can harm..." Don't know if this is Java blocking. running windows 10 and have Malwarebites. any ideas where to look?

47 minutes ago, FarmerGeek said:

I get "blocked because this type of file can harm..." Don't know if this is Java blocking. running windows 10 and have Malwarebites. any ideas where to look?

Turn of your MalwareBites and test. I use the natively installed AV built in to Windows. It doesn't cause these problems like the third party ones do.

I have never had a virus for about 15 years since I stopped using many different third party A/V scanners and my systems have always run faster.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Turn of your MalwareBites and test. I use the natively installed AV built in to Windows. It doesn't cause these problems like the third party ones do.

I have never had a virus for about 15 years since I stopped using many different third party A/V scanners and my systems have always run faster.

was using edge, switched it IE and it worked fine.